Macretro Glentress National - Organisational Notes

mikee":3pw025ax said:
so who's bringing a mod*rn bike then ?

Me!

2011 Mythic Spitfire which Simonside has just pulled the tubeless tyre off the rim whilst 'testing' it. :roll:

I might bring something old along for playing on at lunchtime too.

Had a right nightmare today. Noticed the van was out of tax so grabbed the MOT to go and tax it only to find it expired in August. Shot round to test centre, blagged a quick appointment, failed on lights, exhaust and brake pipes, bodged the exhaust with a few patches, rewired the headlight and took it back round. Forgot the brakepipes, back round, changed pipes (bastard to bleed), now awaiting re-test. Will have to tax it in Innerleithen in the morning as PO is closed.

So three hours lost, still got half a day of work to do before I get home and get my kit ready for tomorrow.

Fecking Fridays- always the same crap :roll:

I'll have a modern in the boot, taking the rigid and singlespeed FAT so I won't last two days on that! It'll be good to thread it round the black/red but I'll swap to the modern for the afternoons freeride hooning.

I might squeeze a Fat into the van. It will have discs though. None of that silly rim brake stuff for me.

Have a good day chaps, sorry I won't be there.

Having cycled my way back tio fitness over the summer I will now languish and put on a stone before January.

Maybe I'll adopt the Sean Kelly approach- " I had a rule about training in the rain in the rain: I'd go out, do my ride, then when I was back I'd decide if it was too wet."

Yeh gutted I won't be there just make sure your all careful and take lots of pics to make me even more jealous. Have a tunnocks fir me ya bunch o hedthebaws.

i'll be bringing the 1998 world force vr1 :D i was gona bring the 900ram univega with the twin front discs to show it off but it's still in peices :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Just packing the car and noticed miniKen's headset was very loose. Now got to dog around in the shed for another headset and locknut :twisted:

If anyone has an inch and an eighth threaded head set kicking about feel free to bring it along - nothing fancy needed.

Latest posts

Back