North East Rides; Nightrides and Thrunton- Join in!

That's the problem, they are mainly uphill steps. Also slippy like in having bad tyre in morning time. Maybe with good tyre we can have maximum fight. I don't know. We try.

toons":3fqnsuyk said:
So how was the spitfire at GT?

Fair, to pretty good at going downhill (not as good as the Cotic). Lots of pedal strike. Might work better with a longer fork? Still to far forward when seated.

Went well in the bike park and jumps well. Would probably make a good 4X bike??

Rubbish everywhere else.

A Four out of Ten.

toons":3gybhzei said:
Which setting did you have the bike on?

Try a little more psi for the pedal strikes

Tried both shock settings. Also tried more air in the shock but it just became harsh. To be honest it wasn't a problem with the shock; that was nice and progressive and it rarely used all it's travel (only on hard landings or really hammering it into berms), when it did run out of travel there was no harsh bottom out. The suspension side of things was pretty much perfect and worked as it should. Another thing of note is that there was absolutely no pedal bob.
The rest of the frame isn't so good though. Bottom bracket needs to be an least an inch higher and the seat angle needs slackening off to around 71deg (it's a very steep 74 even in slack mode). Standover is spot on for a small frame but it could do with an extra inch and a half in the top tube to make use of the uber short stem that you need on such a slack headed bike.
It makes me wonder what they were trying to do with this frame- a year and a half of development yet it still manages to do nothing convincingly well.

Probably not mate. I'm working down in Arkengarthdale on thursday (I might sneek a quick ride in at lunchtime). also still awaiting lights from Troutie. Should be good for next week though.

I'm looking for some cheap brakes, cranks and wheels to build the Cotic back up for nightrides.

Ian, let me know when you're riding Simonside\Rothbury, could do with a change :)

Si, I see the LL 3.0's have started shipping, got yours yet?

Last nights Route

Latest posts

Back