GT LTS1000DS, Pace forks and a dead titanium beauty

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
Offers are initially invited for the following:

18" (!) GT 1000DS. Ball burnished. My heart bleeds to sell this: I bought it as an unwanted insurance replacement that was never really used...you can tell the frame has been built up at some point but thats it. Its immaculate (apart from some of the downtube decals have flaked off a bit). It comes with GT's manual, a Rock Shox deluxe shock with manual, and a Fox Float (I think) which needs looking at as its not holding air. Also has a front mech (LX?) and a BB fitted. I will photograph it tomorrow, currently it is still in the bubblewrap I lovingly stored it in.

Pace RC-31 forks. These have an erotic 220mm of steerer. I cannot exaggerate how little use these have had. Although I absolutely loved the ride I never liked riding carbon and I have ended up with two sets of RC-30's instead. I have the V-brake mounts for these too, they are the older unhinged ones though, from my RC-36 forks. They've been sitting on a shelf almost the entire time I have owned them. They're from the 1st generation of RC-31 with the grey crown and yellow decals.

Lastly, anyone want this? I can't afford to dream of putting it right.
eBay item number 300156401179

PM me with any prices you have in mind, I have no idea, especially with the GT.

Great misfortune! The forks are now for sale again.
I was wrong about the length of the steerer. Its actually 197mm long.
29092007162.jpg

Save the ti frame save the world

Hi there I-am-iron-man , I work in the corrosion and materials engineering field for my sins and I have sent a few mails re-The titanium frame damage and its reparability to people that should know the score. I will let y'all know as soon as I have any info.

I am not sure why I'm so interested sad work fascination or retrobike appeal???

kona kid":m3b0xve3 said:
Pace RC-31 forks. These have an erotic 220mm of steerer
:shock: :LOL:

"Erotic" should now be downgraded to "arrousing" in accordance with EU perameters >200mm = erotic <200mm = arrousing.
It's all red tape and staraight bananas you know.

Back