Gios Brooklyn replica

fiks":13wfd02e said:
It would be the equivalent of taking a late 1980s/1990s Raleigh frame and refinishing it in the red, yellow and black TI Raleigh colours and graphics.

Or reissuing a De Rosa Neo Primato in Faema or Molteni colours. Oh what? They did?

gios

fiks":18mo373k said:
The frame looks like it's from the mid 1980s or later, but the Brooklyn Gios team ran from 1973 to 1977, according to:

http://www.gios.it/history/

The frames would have had a flat crown and cable routing above the BB shell, amongst other differences.

I did say that it was an Evolution frame which was mid 80's to today as you can still buy them from Gios from either of the 2 owners of the name.
For me the Gios Torino is the top of my list of icon racing bikes along with Pantani's Bianchi, and the Flandria bikes of many famous Belgian cyclists,
The Brooklyn team of Roger and Eric de vlaeminck changed the way that cycling was thought of and took it to the level we have today. My bike is my way of saying thanks to them both for all the times we raced against each other on road and cross, and it looks sooo cool parked against a wall !! It is my interpretation of Rogers bike, nothing more nothing less.
rides like a dream too.

I see where Barry's coming from with this. My intention is to built a similar machine but as a 'tribute' to the Flandria teams using a pretty standard road frame and finishing it in the red with white panels. I might get some transfers made with my name like Freddy Maertens and Michael Pollentier had rather than using the 'Flandria' branding.

Re: gios

orbeas":pqfxp5oe said:
you can still buy them from Gios from either of the 2 owners of the name

Interesting. I'd no idea there were two Gios's. Can anyone direct me to a history of how this came about? Non the wiser after studying gios.it and giostorino.it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back