BoTM October 2010 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm.. No clean or polish, But new cables and chain, and changed too 1x9 :) ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0459.JPG
    DSCF0459.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 907
  • DSCF0458.JPG
    DSCF0458.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 907
mikeekim89":122rgtc8 said:
Umm.. No clean or polish, But new cables and chain, and changed too 1x9 :) ;)
dscf0458_126.jpg

Oh dear (and sorry, because you're obviously an enthusiast) but that is an object lesson in what not to put forward into a BoTM contest, especially given the quality of entries so far.

From the welds, to the wheels, to the colours, to the vestigial front mech, to the pedals, to the ...., to the ....... it's very disturbing.

So where do we make suggestions for BOTM categories?
It would be nice to see a Clunker/Cruiser month, a kiddie carrier month, maybe even an ugliest/beatup bike month.

mikeekim89":imvg1b61 said:
Umm.. No clean or polish

You might want to re-think that. My view is that a filthy post ride shot with an accompanying post clean shot is one thing but a minimal effort generaly grubby bike shot is a whole different matter. It doesn't have to be a garage queen, I prefer bikes that most definately aren't as they're supposed to be ridden, but take a look at Woody's RM, a lot of effort has gone in to presenting a clean pic of it as well as one of it in action.

i believe in fixies":2mwi0521 said:
You might want to re-think that. My view is that a filthy post ride shot with an accompanying post clean shot is one thing but a minimal effort generaly grubby bike shot is a whole different matter. It doesn't have to be a garage queen, I prefer bikes that most definately aren't as they're supposed to be ridden, but take a look at Woody's RM, a lot of effort has gone in to presenting a clean pic of it as well as one of it in action.

Spoken like a photographer at a photo contest, which IMHO this BOTM thread is becoming....seems to me more about the quality of the photo rather than the bikes? Is this a photo website or a bike web site?

gm1230126":18gynkph said:
i believe in fixies":18gynkph said:
Spoken like a photographer at a photo contest, which IMHO this BOTM thread is becoming....seems to me more about the quality of the photo rather than the bikes? Is this a photo website or a bike web site?
I didn't read that into his reply - he didn't appear to be criticising the photo or it's composition, per se, more the condition of the bike in the photo.

There may be a case for BOTM becoming too David Bailey, but this wasn't it, in my opinion.

sandmangts":f123ex8z said:
It would be nice to see a Clunker/Cruiser month, a kiddie carrier month, maybe even an ugliest/beatup bike month.

Here is a good a place as any. Duly noted ;)

Seems rather self evident to me people are going to voting for the best bike (in their opinion of course) with the best photos.

John":3lc0r56z said:
sandmangts":3lc0r56z said:

Here is a good a place as any. Duly noted ;)

another member of the family "wife or a child bike" :idea: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back