Highpath advice sought please. Just bought one in Edinburgh

Re: Plea! Parts wanted to finish my Highpath

i believe in fixies":3ahjv26z said:
somerled":3ahjv26z said:
I'm also looking for a good condition retro seat for the same bike.

That could only be a Brooks, surely anything else would just be wrang.

True -- I'm on the case mate. Take a look at the pics above and see if you recognise a nice set of bars! They are still a possibility if I can get the right shifters etc.

I sure am having a lot of fun restoring this thing, so much so that when I get back from working on or teaching folk about trials bikes that I get stuck right in for a few hours. Jeez, I can't believe the amount of time it takes just to clean and polish bits on an old bicycle.

The mudguards were sorted thanks to an ex-Harley Davidson race tech who now runs our training workshop. He has brought some weird and wonderful stuff for spraying plastic with him......and we cleaned up a lot of Highpath parts with left over methanol/castor oil left over from our pulse jet experiments.

somerled":g89btxg3 said:
...and we cleaned up a lot of Highpath parts with left over methanol/castor oil left over from our pulse jet experiments.

I have a great book by CE Bowden about how to design and build your own pulse jet, one day...

Edit: Spied the bars ;) There's something about the Renthals that doesn't sit right. They just don't look high enough for a Highpath.

i believe in fixies":1ogv3efu said:
somerled":1ogv3efu said:
...and we cleaned up a lot of Highpath parts with left over methanol/castor oil left over from our pulse jet experiments.

I have a great book by CE Bowden about how to design and build your own pulse jet, one day...

Edit: Spied the bars ;) There's something about the Renthals that doesn't sit right. They just don't look high enough for a Highpath.

Pulse jets are a hoot. We make em with cans and jam jars to get young folk interested, which they do! Especially when they get going! We intend to buld a pulse jet and fit it to a skateboard or something.....great crack!

I agree with the bars too, the Renthals are there for testing, and to tell you the truth, this is one helluva tall bike. When you are up on the pegs you are pretty high up! Your bars will be good for me as my neck and arms are a bit knackered with falling off or trying to hang to trials bikes.

Better bars......they come up to my chest. These bikes are tall :shock:

ps in background are a Dawes Duchess and an Edinburgh Bike Cuillin hybrid thing. The Dawes went right round Loch Rannoch recently on only three pints of Tennents!

Attachments

• Highpath with proper bars.JPG
    Highpath with proper bars.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,491
The EBC Cuillin used to be their flagship tange prestige frame in the late 80's/early 90's - was a nice bike - shame that it is a hybrid now.

The Ken":67ejozdb said:
The EBC Cuillin used to be their flagship tange prestige frame in the late 80's/early 90's - was a nice bike - shame that it is a hybrid now.

True, that Cuillin is an ok bike, but that's all it is. Edinburgh Bike aint what they were either. Last time I was in they had a couple of Pashleys that just looked forlorn. Shame.

somerled":ddoxxasr said:
Works best with a comfy chair, Radio 4 and decent single malt to hand.

I must be one of a very small number of people under the age of 30 who find that thought fantastic. :)

Excellent work, keep it coming.

Your room - is it laminate or real wood flooring?

:twisted:

BROOKS, SPRUNG.

unless you want to buy my Velo Plush :p

Mr Panda":1r7s1eov said:
Your room - is it laminate or real wood flooring?

:twisted:

BROOKS, SPRUNG.

unless you want to buy my Velo Plush :p

No idea about the flooring, but I'll ask the staff! :LOL:

Velo plush? hmmm interesting, I'm sure Geoff Apps would appreciate the radical approach. Brooks doesn't float my boat actually. I might not even fit a seat. I spend all my time at work up on the pegs anyway, so sitting feels a bit wrong to me. :cool:

Back