Macretro Glentress National - Organisational Notes

mistermonkeywrench":2ohr5k7t said:
Hello all

I know that this is rather late in the day but would anyone in the Edinburgh area who is going have any room for a passenger, one bike and camping gear?

I can pay the petrol costs, keep you entertained on the long drive and even bring cakes for the journey if you let me know your preference.

Here's hoping...

Could probably manage a lift down as long as the gear is quite small (small car), am heading back early on saturday though...

The Ken":ybzuakvq said:
putting muddy bikes on/in a hire car isn't really a good idea either.

We hired a brand new Sierra Saphire to do the recce for the RAC Rally in the 1990s and took it back with an extra 2000miles on the clock, a shredded tyre, no rear bumper, a broken damper, 2 broken windows and not a straight panel in sight after we rolled it in Hamsterly. Most of the exhaust was on the back seat so I guess a muddy bike is not too much of an issue :LOL: :LOL:

We only lost our £100 deposit :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Could Jamie collect TK/MK on his way through? RV at Perth or summat?

Dyna - where in Glesca are ye?

kaiser":3kqskfju said:
big.eck":3kqskfju said:
so with folk dropping out does that mean there'll be room in the teepee thingys ? i'll be looking to pay my fair share of course :D :D :D

or will anyone be b&bing it ?

or i'll camp :D am easy like :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

big eck I have space in my tent if your needing a berth!

cheers kaiser

i'll bring ma tent , but i'll mind the offer if am lonely ;) :twisted: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'm gona bring some bit's and bobs for sale/trade like what si said he's doing :D

anyone else bringing anything ? :cool:

I have enough of gazz's shite....er merchandise to off load..... :D

boxxer was out last time I checked - wife double booked him I think.

I might bring a few items to trade but not a lot.

Dr S, I think the contracts for hire cars has changed a bit since then - although maybe you were the reason for the changes :)

Back