London town - Swinley Adventures

trickylad":2qxf23fv said:
drcarlos":2qxf23fv said:
If it's not pissing down i'm only 10 mins from Swinley and up for a ride on Sunday.

Carl.

Hey Carl. The forecast for tomorrow is awful. It's jacking it down here now still and has been all afternoon.

I'll drop you a pm with my mobile no should it all change overnight.

Rick

Sure, been trying to get out now for 3 weekends and something always put's the kybosh on it. Wasn't raining here until about 7 or 8 this evening, but been coming down consistantly since then.

I'd even have the choice of 3 fully working bikes tomorrow too.

Carl.

drcarlos":1xbyzfux said:
trickylad":1xbyzfux said:
drcarlos":1xbyzfux said:
If it's not pissing down i'm only 10 mins from Swinley and up for a ride on Sunday.

Carl.

Hey Carl. The forecast for tomorrow is awful. It's jacking it down here now still and has been all afternoon.

I'll drop you a pm with my mobile no should it all change overnight.

Rick

Sure, been trying to get out now for 3 weekends and something always put's the kybosh on it. Wasn't raining here until about 7 or 8 this evening, but been coming down consistantly since then.

I'd even have the choice of 3 fully working bikes tomorrow too.

Carl.

Ok. Sent you that pm. Let's take a view first thing

trickylad":3z8xkkex said:
Thanks. Yup. A house move , new job and new baby. Punchy
I think the weather's going to put paid to tomorrow
What do you do for a living? Shift work sound awful.

It's all change for you then!
Yup, got a 4 hour drive tomorrow in the hissing rain!
I'm an O&M service engineer working at Heathrow.
Been doing shifts for over 2 1/2 years now, so I'm used to it I guess?
The time off kind of makes up for it, we work 12 hour shifts, 6 till 6, 4 days on, 4 off, 4 nights on, 4 off, etc. every 6 weeks we get an extra day off at the begining or end of a day shift run, to keep our hours down to 40/week.
How about you, what do you do to keep you in MTB parts etc?

Dabbling in a new thread, and great to see others mentioning Swinley forrest.

Ive been using it alot this summer and was planning on riding there this sunday, if my road ride to Guildford falls through.
Anyone else heading that way?

Are you fit as a butchers dog or slowly catchy monkey paced?

I think sunday will be most likely, probably morning, and we wont be worried about rain...it always makes the ride more fun!

Do you know your way around the trails?

Not fast, not slow either though. As for the trails dispite only being 10 mins from Swinley it's not somewhere I ride regularly so I don't really know my way around that well.

Carl.

Back