The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I inherited a bike from brother, I think it dates from about 2003-4 though I am not sure (perhaps a year or two earlier). Some scrotes nicked the wheels (with disc brakes attached), so I am left with a bunch of components, shown below, as well as a frame and crankset (its a planet X jack flash (I think) and the crankset, which I can't get off it with the tools I have is a forged raceface DH thing).

Anyway, I was wondering how much these components are worth so I could sell them. Hopefully you guys will be able to help.. I got pointed here from pistonheads.com

The items I have are:

a stem
some handlebars
some marzocchi bomber suspension forks
some XT derailleurs
some HOPE disc brakes (without the discs, some scrotes nicked the wheels from my bike which I inherited from my brother).

there is also a planet x jack flash frame
and some quite expensive looking raceface cranks... but i dunno how to take these apart so need to get to a bike shop before i can sell them.

so:

handlebars:

web.jpg

web.jpg

disc brake (cailpers and levers)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

front derailleur:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

rear derailleur:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

stem

web.jpg

web.jpg

marzocchi z1 freeride

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks for the help.

more pictures at http://gallery.me.com/michael.cowley82#100022

arghh... images don't work.

working now :) thanks for the tip

Alpinstars Almega Dx 92 18 inch valuation

Hi.

This my 3rd attempt at trying to post in correct place.

Trying to get a price guide for the above bike i am considering selling.

I purchased new in 92 and is sitting with all original parts except for onza bar ends added soon after purchase.

Rear derallieur hanger has snapped. Other than this bike is in good condition for age.

Could anyone give me an idea of what value there is in my bike if i repair derallieur hanger section or if i sell as is.

Thank you

hello, i just wanted to know how much a gt xizang frame is worth? i have no pics of my own, but its the same as this one i found on google

cheers

Attachments

• xizangframe1.jpg
    xizangframe1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,749
Re: Alpinstars Almega Dx 92 18 inch valuation

pma":1jhlz4mb said:
I purchased new in 92 and is sitting with all original parts except for onza bar ends added soon after purchase.

Rear derallieur hanger has snapped. Other than this bike is in good condition for age.

Could anyone give me an idea of what value there is in my bike if i repair derallieur hanger section or if i sell as is.

Thank you

Almegas are prone to cracking. Check under headtube as well for cracks. If rest is in good nick then split it. Unless i'm mistaken the rear hanger isn't replaceable, and i'm not sure the frame would be viable to repair. Happy to be proven wrong on it though.

Parts for a full bike would be worth more as selling as bike broken as is would be £90 ish i'm guessing.

Member 10502":ac6e98vw said:
hello, i just wanted to know how much a gt xizang frame is worth? i have no pics of my own, but its the same as this one i found on google

cheers

That pic has no rear hanger.

What size and year is it? ubrake or v-brake model? - anything from £200 to £400 depending on model and condition. any cracks would take it down to scrap value which is about £80 IIRC

D_Mike":v3eyhjou said:
The items I have are:

a stem

Azonic shorty - one sold here (silver) for £14 last week after no takers for a while. Maybe £15-20 as yours is mint.

some handlebars
Bar is great but as about £40 new I'd guess £20 ish?some marzocchi

bomber suspension forks
£60-80 depending on service history and if they have removable steerer crown or not. If not and steerer isnt long then lower end of that.

some XT derailleurs
Front about £10, rear £15ish

some HOPE disc brakes (without the discs, some scrotes nicked the wheels from my bike which I inherited from my brother).
Can't help but about £60 I would guess.

there is also a planet x jack flash frame
Again, not too sure. A DMR one on here sold for £40 which was cheap but not too sure how much market is. About £50 I'd guess.

thanks for the tip

The Ken":13c4wy83 said:
Member 10502":13c4wy83 said:

cheers

That pic has no rear hanger.

What size and year is it? ubrake or v-brake model? - anything from £200 to £400 depending on model and condition. any cracks would take it down to scrap value which is about £80 IIRC
#

v brake model, serial no starts with GTX97, so im guessing 1997. its in great condition, and its a 16". also, yes it has a hanger

S-works steel

I do need to get my act together and sell my old S-works steel bike, - but really do not know what sort of price to ask, - the bike as it is now can be seen here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69088

I have other tyres, - Ritchey Z-max or some conti's and I do have the original Ti stem and handlebars somewhere in a box in the garage.

Hubs are Hugi, rims are Mavic 230SP, 32 hole, DT d/butted spokes, silver aluminum nipples. - Hand made of course!

Chainset, Vee brakes, shifters, front and rear mech, cassette all XT

Seat is Specialized Ti rail Wilderness Trail design.

Condition of the frame is superb, - no rust, no scratches, - even had the o-ring donuts put on the top tube cables and wrapped the chain-stay in thick protective tape the day I got the frame.

Attachments

• s_works_ian.jpg
    s_works_ian.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,607
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back