Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant I was'nt born then,like most people commenting on this topic :LOL:

I read it on a beer mat and the things you read on those are more true than what get printed in most daily rags ;)

Who was Prime Minister when the Rover car company closed with the loss of 6,500 jobs?

Who was in power when British Steel (Corus) works on Teesside closed with the loss of 1,600 jobs?

Who was in government when Allied Steel & Wire in south Wales closed, and where workers in their 60s (who belonged to a union and had voted Labour all of their lives) discovered that after over 4 decades of paying contributions, their pension fund had been raided to try to keep the company afloat? (You might have seen those guys on TV, campaigning outside of Parliament, begging for govenment help. I think that some help did eventually come, but not before some of those fellas had passed away.)

Who has just left office, leaving an unemployment figure of 2.5 million?

I don't vote Conservative, but some people in this thread have a very selective memory.

I was'nt in a pub they were in a cabinet of political satire in my shop ;) :LOL: :LOL:

And answer to the who was in power....erm......LABOUR :twisted:

JohnH":1vovgku2 said:
Who was Prime Minister when the Rover car company closed with the loss of 6,500 jobs?

Who was in power when British Steel (Corus) works on Teesside closed with the loss of 1,600 jobs?

Who was in government when Allied Steel & Wire in south Wales closed, and where workers in their 60s (who belonged to a union and had voted Labour all of their lives) discovered that after over 4 decades of paying contributions, their pension fund had been raided to try to keep the company afloat? (You might have seen those guys on TV, campaigning outside of Parliament, begging for govenment help. I think that some help did eventually come, but not before some of those fellas had passed away.)

I don't vote Conservative, but some people in this thread have a very selective memory.
Not at all. The recently departed Labour lite government was in some ways worse than the thatcher one, but those of you for whom Margaret Thatcher is only a name in history, will never understand the revulsion some people , rightly or wrongly, remember her with.

JohnH":1o7kk2md said:

Thank God for you JohnH, able to make eloquent arguments where my terrible memory so badly fails me.

Its hard to make big decisions when you are at the top, not everybody will like or agree with you.
But tough decision have to be made, just look at the mess Brown has left the economy in, and the coilition are having to bend over and take a shafting over the absolutely vital cuts needed to try and save the country from sinking.

Thatcher made tough decisions which didnt suit everybody. But Britain prospered as a whole.
Heaven forbid some of you lot got in charge.... :shock:
Having said that, my first role would be to abolish unions and anyone who argued! :)

dbmtb":1kip2brs said:
KeepItSteel":1kip2brs said:
repeat what their coal mining dad told em.

My Dad was a librarian, not a coal miner. My grandpa lost his leg down the pit though. And my grandma voted tory. In fact so did my parents, until Thatch.

So I don't see your point.

figure of speech.
my point is, most views tend to be based on handed down opinions from relatives/peers/teachers.
in 1979 to have voted labour would have been a crime with the state we were in.

JohnH":ncamz68p said:

E.U rules forbid any country from supporting companies like that. Competition rules. If a gov pumps money into a lose making industry then that is classed as unfair competition to the rest of the E.U members.
Who took the GB in to E.U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back