Media blasting, Stripping & Powder Coating Nr Edinburgh

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
Evening All

I have a non-bike project that needs stripping, de-rusting and painting or powder coating.

The item is a large old metal Jardiniere or plant stand made of fine steel wire which unfortunately is a mixed mess of rust and chipped old paint.

It is too delicate to hand strip so I was thinking of having it put in a stripping tank but I am concerned that would still leave me with a rust problem before it can be painted.

Would media blasting work?

Which company should I approach - I found Henderson Metal Cleaning at Jock's lodge - can any one recommend them or point me in the right direction of a suitable alternative please?

Many thanks.

I've used Henderson's for bike frames and car wheels, though I've seen all manner of stuff hanging up.

Can't really comment on price - I got charged 60 notes for a steel frame to be blasted and powder coated, don't know if that's good or not.

Quality of work is excellent. The bits that needed to be taped up where etc. etc.

Only real issue I had with them was tardy time keeping - Let down repeatedly on a completion date: Orginally told two weeks, finished up being seven weeks before it was done, and that was only after I started to get irritable and short with them.

So, yes I'd recommend them as long as you weren't in a hurry. :)

Hi Tom

Thanks for the post - I have just been looking at your bike in your link - I take it that it was done by Hendersons?

Correctomundo.

They had a core selection of colours available for £60, including BRG. It's hardwearing and looks pretty good.

I was in Hendersons today - very helpful and certainly seem to know what they are talking about. I saw several bike frames in there - all looking nicely done. My item will take 2 weeks or so and will know more after that.

Back