North East Rides; Nightrides and Thrunton- Join in!

carbon337":39s3gegq said:
Looking forward to a Thrunton ride in the light later - 4:30 there Toons?

Will this be the start of you and Si converting me to old (cough) retro bikes then?

Yep hopefully 16:30

Dr S":2g179y36 said:
Balls, I'm working :cry: :cry:

How are the hands & wrists doing?

Sorry had to go early, coz the misuses is out tonight, sorry dude.

Btw I DEFO want a go on that spitfire!! looks f'ing A

Also adsa put crabbies back up to £2.12 the bastards

Left wrist is still crap but strapping up helps. I've been riding to work all week and its do-able.
Spitfire is a little short I think. Seat angle is steep too, not sure if i like it tbh. I'm going to try it with a Thomson layback before i condemn it :cry:

I'm getting Crabbies in bulk from the warehouse ;)

have a good one tonight. Glentress on saturday??

Dr S":d7edmhg5 said:
Left wrist is still crap but strapping up helps. I've been riding to work all week and its do-able.
Spitfire is a little short I think. Seat angle is steep too, not sure if i like it tbh. I'm going to try it with a Thomson layback before i condemn it :cry:

I'm getting Crabbies in bulk from the warehouse ;)

have a good one tonight. Glentress on saturday??

You haven't ridden it at Thrunton yet!! What length stem you running? and I did notice your seat is canny far back.

I wouldn't worry about the seat angle, wait till your going eiger sanction! You wont complain then!!

Glentress is a no go, family arriving firday night for half term, so staying local :(

Check out the new spooky wood http://7stanes.blogspot.com/

Send a like for the crabbies.

toons":100xegg8 said:
You haven't ridden it at Thrunton yet!! What length stem you running? and I did notice your seat is canny far back.

I wouldn't worry about the seat angle, wait till your going eiger sanction! You wont complain then!!

Glentress is a no go, family arriving firday night for half term, so staying local :(

Check out the new spooky wood http://7stanes.blogspot.com/

Send a like for the crabbies.

Flakey flakey Jamie!! :roll:

I have to get to the top of Eiger before I go down it. The geometry is just all wrong to me, I'm sitting with my hips rolled forward to pedal the damn thing. I will see what its like with a layback post, otherwise its for the chop.

Can't help with the Crabbies- its a trade only warehouse and I would have to kill you if i told you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dr S":ging83d8 said:
Flakey flakey Jamie!! :roll:

I have to get to the top of Eiger before I go down it. The geometry is just all wrong to me, I'm sitting with my hips rolled forward to pedal the damn thing. I will see what its like with a layback post, otherwise its for the chop.

Can't help with the Crabbies- its a trade only warehouse and I would have to kill you if i told you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can't believe it's getting the chop before riding it off road!!

It's much better now with a longer lay back post. Just had a quick spin down the road and it's comfortable.
Of course a longer fork would further slacken the seat angle so that's something to think about.

Had a quick run out on the Singlespeed Humu last night. It's great fun but I need to drop to a 17t sprocket.

We spent a good hour looking at the possibilty of building some new trails in the woods just west of Morpeth. There us a good loop in the woods which is spoilt by steps so we are looking at bypassing them with a little shovel work. There is also a little northshore to build over the streams here and there but it should make a good route.

Back