Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember when before maggie came to power, we had the winter of discontent

all of this just boils down to easy credit (i too enjoyed easy credit), you couldnt open a magazine without a ton of bits of paper peddling taking out a loan (i too got a loan that way), you couldn't get one foot in the door of a basnk without someone saying you were pre-approved for a loan etc, and people took up these offers, cheap electrical products fuelled it, everyone wanting the latest gadget etc, and the incandescent need ot buy a house cuz next year "we" might not be able to afford a house

Greed it only good, if you can back it up with money you have, not credit, a fool and his money are soon departed, i had a loan credit card, and over draft, and mazed out them, but never missed a payment, i acknowledge my weakness, and have now paid it all off, i also worked in a credit card collection call centre, and was appalled by joe public's ignorance, you reap what you sow, i dont pitty any fool who over spent!

A lot of good points there, Matt.

It still amazes me that we all went thru 11 years of compulsory education and were never once taught how to manage money...

mattbrown":1izgip8b said:
Greed it only good, if you can back it up with money you have, not credit, a fool and his money are soon departed, i had a loan credit card, and over draft, and mazed out them, but never missed a payment, i acknowledge my weakness, and have now paid it all off, i also worked in a credit card collection call centre, and was appalled by joe public's ignorance, you reap what you sow, i dont pitty any fool who over spent!

I took full advantage too . . . ended up (not taking the repo'd house into consideration) with £38k of debt..

highlandsflyer":20rjhzuq said:
Her daughter is a man!

(Terence Graham Parry Jones)

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Quoted For Truth!
(I believe that's an interweb phrase popular amongst the youngsters).

Yes, Carol Thatcher has a face well-suited to her job. On the radio.

As does her gimp-lord brother, Baronet Mark. Financial under-writer of political coups d'etat and arms-dealing profiteer. For which he was refused residency in Monaco and the U.S. - his first choices upon fleeing S. Africa in the wake of his coup-related conviction and fine.

I think the Thatcher offspring are both living proof that their mother's "free market" doctrine is really just a hypocritical sham promoting "success of the privileged / the pushiest". If life had handed the Thatcher brood the sort of level playing field that their mother espoused, neither would have got anywhere in life based on their own talents, looks or work ethic.

A pair of world-class shysters.
A biopic of their lives would be called "Filth: The Next Generation"

This topic, and the vile vitriol aimed toward an ill elderly lady spilling from the mouths of the cocksure cyber pundits, strengthens my growing hate for the majority of the general public.

Part of the desease of this country is the left wing school system and media corporation filling your all to hungry for hatred minds with ammunition.

One day people will look at both sides of an argument and be able to make their own minds up.
Not in my life time though.

I am not sure whether I despise thatcher or not as she is basically the same as so many, but her being the first Female prime minister, she just had to shine in what was a male dominated political world. How much of her nastiness was purely down to the fact that she had to show her balls to remain in her position of power.

Further to that, in reference to now, is it her particularly that is despised, or what she represented from the time.

Oh yeah, I was one of the 25% unemployed in Liverpool back in the 80's, no jobs and what jobs there were employers knew their position with such a large eager sea of applicants, they could pay what they wanted. The way out, join the military,so many did, then we were at peace, so just a secure job, but now the military gets people killed, so if we ever return to the 80's unemployment situation, the unemployed are screwed, for the politicians will kill you.

Whom I despise most of all the PM's we have had, is tony Bliar, for he caused more damage to this nation as a whole than ever thatcher did.

KeepItSteel":omothplh said:
This topic, and the vile vitriol aimed toward an ill elderly lady spilling from the mouths of the cocksure cyber pundits, strengthens my growing hate for the majority of the general public.

Part of the desease of this country is the left wing school system and media corporation filling your all to hungry for hatred minds with ammunition.

One day people will look at both sides of an argument and be able to make their own minds up.

I just remember her for how she was in office and in personality, that's all.
Plain and simple. That memory is unavoidably tainted by what her policies deliberately inflicted on my region of the UK.

And I don't know what "left wing school system" (Hahahahaha!!!!) or "media corporation" you think have been filling my head with lefty ideological bias.

I happen to live in a former Communist area of Europe. As a result, I have ZERO affection for turgid leftist dogma. Nor the appalling after-effects that are still apparent in the lack of transferable skills, innovation, entrepreneurial nous, self-reliance etc. etc.

You don't HAVE to be a raving Trotskyite to detest Thatcher.

We agree on one thing - I honestly think it WILL take longer than your (mine too) lifetime for the wounds to heal sufficiently so that Thatcher's legacy can be appraised from a historical perspective.

Until then, the past is too raw. If that's "bias", then so be it. I still hate her.

KeepItSteel":2ps6ia4w said:

+1 ahmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back