Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
tintin40":1r861q4c said:
The Capitalist system had to save the banking system. If it hadn't then the system would have crashed and end of money as a exchange medium as it would be worthless. Then i and others wouldn't go to work and couldn't buy goods so businesses would crash. Then rioting & looting will take place.
End of Capitalist system. Then what next?

FREE STUFF :cool: ;)

marin man":370o00wn said:
tintin40":370o00wn said:
The Capitalist system had to save the banking system. If it hadn't then the system would have crashed and end of money as a exchange medium as it would be worthless. Then i and others wouldn't go to work and couldn't buy goods so businesses would crash. Then rioting & looting will take place.
End of Capitalist system. Then what next?

FREE STUFF :cool: ;)

Then i'll have some free stuff from your shop along with the mob right behind me.

The way you lot were talking at the start of this thread, I though "IT" had finally departed this world. But no, the vile undead is still among us.

Bastion of South American despots; Destroyer of communities (a concept that she denied actually existed); rejected sanctions against apartheid South Africa; Poll Tax; Section 28 bigotry; Cheap privatisation of just about everything worth a damn; Sell-off of local authority housing and pretty much a ban on building more - A critical step towards the UK's 1990s/2000s housing bubble & crash.

What a glowing legacy
:roll: :evil:

I'm with Elvis Costello: Tramp The Dirt Down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ

Scum.
End of.

DM":9piit1z2 said:
The way you lot were talking at the start of this thread, I though "IT" had finally departed this world. Bot no, the vile undead is still among us.

Bastion of South American despots; Destroyer of communities (a concept that she denied actually existed); rejected sanctions against apartheid South Africa; Poll Tax; Section 28 bigotry; Cheap privatisation of just about everything worth a damn; Sell-off of local authority housing and pretty much a ban on building more - A critical step towards the UK's 1990s/2000s housing bubble & crash.

What a glowing legacy

Great she was ;)

She just became a figure head for blame for the problems of the past :roll:

marin man":3teeowp9 said:
DM":3teeowp9 said:
What a glowing legacy

Great she was ;)

She just became a figure head for blame for the problems of the past :roll:

Hardly.

I MIGHT be argued (not be me) that the mass unemployment and collapse of British industry during the 1980s might have just been bad timing on her watch - the delayed results of previous mis-management and failure to adapt. But I'd have to be in a VERY magnanimous mood to hear out that argument. Because,as stated, it was the gloating, sermonising MANNER in which those devastating events were handled that did the most lasting damage. And sealed here reputation, in which she reveled.

But ALL the other needlessly punitive and vindictive policies that I mentioned (and many more that I've forgotten) were products of her own twisted, abhorrent view of society - A view that regarded those less fortunate as parasites to be punished, and which promoted boundless individualism, self-interest and greed as a holy doctrine.

AND she regarded Mad Ronnie Reagan as a sensible man and a best buddy, FFS!

Going out for a ride now, to calm my "Thatcher Rage".

DM":2136r4qe said:

Well said...I had forgotten about Pinochet

Baroness Thatcher's controversial call for the release of General Augusto Pinochet underlines a long-term relationship that has always been more than just flowers and chocolates.

Even before the former Chilean dictator offered his country's tacit support to the UK during the 1982 Falklands War, Margaret Thatcher had long been an admirer of his radical free market economic policies.

General Pinochet was detained in London on 17 October following a request for his arrest and extradition by two Spanish judges investigating some of the 4,000-plus political murders believed to have been committed during his 1973-1990 rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back