BOTM for October 2007

ti-fat-man":36t49oq5 said:
oh yeah that's tasty, reminds me of when i was working in nottingham and sshockwave were big in the 'gucci' brands. DB mannies/goats and these funks, was hard to explain to other electricians that £1000+ was good value for a frame :?

sshockwave was awesome BiTD. Went in their as a callow youth in around 1991 having never seen anything more trick than a GT Avalanche. The manitous etc were just jaw dropping. Didn't leave empty handed either - left with a set of power grips :cool:

TiFat

This is a 1993 M/L TiFat. The frame was completely restored and brushed and was given new decals. It's got a full NOS Record OR gruppo, with NOS Campy rims, Wheelsmith spokes, Smoke/Dart combo, Ibis Titanium stem (brushed to match), Hyperlite bars and Sycros post. I love the way the fork matches the original decals. The Bullit shifters work really well. It's a real stunner! Sorry about the three pics, I couldn't choose!

Attachments

• tifat_front.jpg
    tifat_front.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2,082
  • tifat_side.jpg
    tifat_side.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 2,082
  • tifat_rear.jpg
    tifat_rear.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 2,082
Zing!

Pure quality is that - a refreshing change to not see any anodising!

And how clean are those tyres!

A very beautiful month for sure - is it me, or does BOTM just get betterer and betterer....?!

My cellar-full get's plainer and plainer mind...

Mr K

I now, never liked anodised bits. I wanted a very clean TiFat without any blue bits. Just titanium and highly polished aluminium...... ;)

We've had this one for awhile but it had some wrong parts on.......but that's all better now. We bought it as a frame with a handful of drive train parts on it but it had never been completed. Added a few more NOS, or lightly used bits, and made it whole.

TimbCompPrpl.JPG

TCDecal.JPG

More pictures and details @ http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1989_RitcheyTC.htm

Jeff @ FF - I love all your stuff. I proper vacation for me would be to statesville!

Some humble criticism - the saddles on all your bikes could go up a couple inches. Just my $.02 :)

Latest posts

Back