Overbury's Pioneer 1986

thats looking pretty shit hot

shouldnt it have an earlier chainset though?

- Dan, whats your height? I seem to remember you're a bit shorter than me but you bikes look huge.

I'm 5' 7", about 33" inseam to floor. The saddle's at 700mm from BB centre.

It's the BB height that makes it look so big. The relative position of the saddle, BB and bars isn't too weird. The standover TT height can be a bit high though :shock:

danson67":3se7cy67 said:
I'm 5' 7", about 33" inseam to floor. The saddle's at 700mm from BB centre.

It's the BB height that makes it look so big. The relative position of the saddle, BB and bars isn't too weird. The standover TT height can be a bit high though :shock:

Yup - I know that one - my Pioneer is like saddling a horse - up up and away!

LGF wrote:
shouldnt it have an earlier chainset though?
Yes, you're right. It had the much more slender 1983-6 FC-6206 originally,

FC-6206.jpg

but I bent it on a stump and it was later replaced by a Sugino Impel. The 1987 FC-M730 is a much better c'set, designed for some abuse, not just the old Shimano touring set.

But, if I find a good condition FC-6206 in my travels, I'll swap it over. It's just that bit more elegant with its waist and chamfering...Never liked that blue/yellow sticker though.

MMM nice, that's the one... :D

I'd offer to swap, but that 'thing' looks totally period except the tyres.:shock:

The paint job makes it look like an Evans, but they used an engraved top eye on the seatstays. Has Haden lugs and crown, so def UK though. Very like a Crossfell, but under BB cabling and no CS dimples. Looks too good to be a Dawes. Saracen? Bob Jackson made a few. Any serial No?

Is that TI Reynolds 120,000 psi sticker a reprint? I'll be after one of those and a pair of 531 shields for the forks.

danson67":at5c24uh said:
MMM nice, that's the one... :D

I'd offer to swap, but that 'thing' looks totally period except the tyres.:shock:

The paint job makes it look like an Evans, but they used an engraved top eye on the seatstays. Has Haden lugs and crown, so def UK though. Very like a Crossfell, but under BB cabling and no CS dimples. Looks too good to be a Dawes. Saracen? Bob Jackson made a few. Any serial No?

Is that TI Reynolds 120,000 psi sticker a reprint? I'll be after one of those and a pair of 531 shields for the forks.

No serial number - yet. Argos paint job, tidy rear stays too.

Decals:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REYNOLDS-531-All- ... _500wt_922

Fork decals usually have to be purchased with a frame label:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REYNOLDS-531-Deca ... 500wt_1156

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A few more parts found:

A NOS pair of XC thumbies,
IMG_7653.jpg

A pair of NOS Suntour XC Power brake levers:
IMG_7486.jpg

A Suntour QR Seat Bolt:
IMG_7475.jpg

-I've found some original Shimano 6mm OD brake outer in black (30m in stock, if anyone else needs some).
-A mint XC Seatpin on the way
-And a 13-32 6spd Shimano cassette :D
Who needs more than 18 gears, 3x6 that is, not 2x9 ;)

Still looking for a decent waterslide transfer printer (currently poking KS Racepaints in Kettering and precisionlabels.com). Then I'll be after a good macro pic of the Bristol coat of arms headbadge to use as a reference, any offers?

Back