Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New boy

Hi All,

Im lee im 30 and from peterborough, I have just got myself a claud Buttler Alpine frame and forks, in need of a restore. Im here looking for ideas and good quality goods at bargin prices.

Some advice on good parts would be helpful.

Thanks
All.

Hi everyone,

I've been loitering on this site as a guest for a few weeks now, and thought it was about time for me to register and get chatting to people!

Really looking forward to getting my first retro project off the ground and will be posting for any suggestions/help as I go along. Looks like a really good site so I'm looking forward to it..

I currently have a Giant ATX 990 with the Goldtec long travel plates which has been hanging up in my shed for the past 4 years, and is in dire need of restoring to it's former gate-like beauty.

I'd really love to get my hands on a Team LTS frame as a bit of a long term project. I've always loved LTS's!

Anyway, I'm waffling already. Nice to meet you all and look forward to posting!

Hello!

newly registered with RB so i'll make my first post...

My first mtb was a new (in 1992) Scott Timber, cheap and cheerful - not sure where it went but its long gone.....

Recently sold a 2002 Orange Evo2 to help fund a new santa cruz bullit build (not retro, i know!! :oops: and sacrilage to sell the orange in the first place)

As an ex pat now living in Sweden i'm starting to surf local auction sites etc to find some retro stuff. Off to look at a cannondale delta v 1000 tomorrow. Could be my first retro purchase....wish me luck (or tell me not to buy!)

Would love to own a Klein, a ritchey p21 and a 1991 Marin at some point (love the grey scheme of those '91's).

Good to be on here, hope to be active on the forum....

Greetings;
Have been lurking here for about a year and it's about time I introduced myself. Got interested in MTB's in 1987 after years of road bike riding, wrenching(not wenching) and racing. Havn't ridden the road bikes much since then and am currently overhauling them(photo's soon) This site is the most interesting and best I've seen with many great people. Thanks
Regards
Carl in Florida
1974 Romic 'Pro'(Texas built)
1983 Basso 'Lotto'
1988 Condor MTB
1997 Supergo Access Alu MTB

Hi , been lurking about for a while. I'm near Glasgow and ride a 1998 Rockhopper.

Great forum for info , banter and crackin pics of lovingly restored bikes.

Hi all been lovin the site for a week now, thought id better say hello!

Well, my love for MTB's started in 1990 when i was 15, got myself a Ridgeback 602 that was far to big for me, raced that for a bit then got a brand new '91 Stumpy which cracked under the downtube, sent it back and they sent me a '92 frame the purple one, bunged all the bits on flogged it to my brother and bought a red '91 Klein Pinnacle.
I was now just 17 and we all know it was Fantazia time in the early 90's so the racing went out the window along with a lot of brain cells. This resulted in selling the pinnacle for £500 to fund..well, you know..anyways ive just got the purple stumpy back off my brother and its in a pretty bad way. When ive posted enough ill bung some pics up in the hope someone will say its worth restoring the frame.
Sorry for the long intro :LOL:

Cheers, Jody

Hi All

I've just resurrected my 1997 Cannondale Super V in bright orange.
Hasn't been looked at or ridden for at least 5 years.
Put air in the tyres and everything seems to work ok! I'm impressed!

-Liz

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself.

I collect all sorts of bicycles and have done for over 20 years now. The collection ranges from an 1887 54" Singer Matchless Ordinary (or penny farthing) to a 2 year old Sanderson Solo frame built up with Fox Float R forks, Hope 4 pot brakes & Rohloff hub gear, with all sorts of recumbents, lightweights, roadsters & trikes in between.

The bikes that will be of interest to this forum are:-

Raleigh Summit - all original including R1 forks
TRB - treadle drive machine - I'll post a picture as it's easier than describing it
GT LTS - Girvin vector forks, currently a mixture of other components but about to switch to a Sachs 3x7 groupset
Muddy Fox Rock & Roll - early elastomer front and rear suspension and the current project
Overbury's Cross Fell - Just found the last bits I was after and will be reassembling it soon
Super BH Campagnolo Rally - recently purchased as a frame & forks and gradually buying Euclid bits for it as and when funds allow.
Whyte PRST1 - was the main off road steed until replaced by the Sanderson - most of the parts on the Sanderson were once on this frame. One of the first 50 built which will eventually be rebuilt to factory spec.
Kirk Precision - not the Revolution, but the model with the standard pattern rear triangle (more of a hybrid than a true MTB really, but still a nice, if slightly fragile, machine)

As I dig out each machine I'll post pictures on the relevant parts of the forum, so keep an eye out - I'm still learning a lot about MTB's so comments (good or bad) are welcome!

All the best, Mike

Hello from Melbourne Austalia

Long-time lurker here.

It all started in 94 with a Gary Fisher Montare, then I stumbled upon a crazy machine, the likes of which I had never seen before,
called the Super V 1000.
Spiced it up with Magura Racelines with Altek blades, rigida rims and clubroost bar.
After a big break, I got back into bikes, going through DMRs, a Santa Cruz Giant and Nicolai,
only to find true hapiness in a GT Xizang and another Cannondale Super V. This time an SV 2000, modified for commuter duties.
Wll post pics in the work bike thread, once I reach the three-post threshold, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back