Circuit of Arran on Road - Posponed, the North is Calling

clockworkgazz":3l6ub7ov said:
Jawny":3l6ub7ov said:
kaiser":3l6ub7ov said:
aye ma baws would be oan the block if I suggested a sojourn to Arran at the moment.

Try growing a pair :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

another single/loser-type joins the macretro massive ;)
*sniff* I prefer the term ' lone wolf ', or ' master of his own destiny '.

zigzag":zwihci77 said:
clockworkgazz":zwihci77 said:
Jawny":zwihci77 said:
kaiser":zwihci77 said:
aye ma baws would be oan the block if I suggested a sojourn to Arran at the moment.

Try growing a pair :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

another single/loser-type joins the macretro massive ;)
*sniff* I prefer the term ' lone wolf ', or ' master of his own destiny '.

you don't need to go hide in the bog if you fancy a quick chieftain, count your blessings my son.

and get over to the trading thread there is a fat waiting for you coyote boy.

lol its been years since i had to hide in the bog with the tap running :LOL:

So, that's what it's really like to be married :? Damn, i'm missing out ;)

The Orkney Expeditionary Force is back in the Lands of the North, and a report of my ponderous lap is pending.

I've downloaded and analysed my GPS data to see what a cycle computer would have told me, and I seem to have spent 4h20mins rolling, implying a feeble 12.8mph average. On the flat it was about a 16mph average, but the fat tyres killed it on the descents.

Pictures and chat the morn, I'm knackered after the 300 mile drive and ferry journey, followed by preparations for my son's 14th birthday tomorrow.

fat tyres killed it on the descents

?? that's when I find them less of an issue, are your's made of gecko mucous or something even more sticky?

Or are you using "killed it" in the youth speak sense - which means they were the dogs to my generation.

The Ken":3icz79nb said:
Or are you using "killed it" in the youth speak sense - which means they were the dogs to my generation.

No. but I will from this day forth, as that is so sick.

I imagine my tyres will be sticky going downhill, due to the wheelspins on the way up as I apply too much power.

therealkw15":21hejx69 said:
The Orkney Expeditionary Force is back in the Lands of the North, and a report of my ponderous lap is pending.

I've downloaded and analysed my GPS data to see what a cycle computer would have told me, and I seem to have spent 4h20mins rolling, implying a feeble 12.8mph average. On the flat it was about a 16mph average, but the fat tyres killed it on the descents.

Pictures and chat the morn, I'm knackered after the 300 mile drive and ferry journey, followed by preparations for my son's 14th birthday tomorrow.

Jeez mate, i never realised you were heading back to Orkney straight off the ferry. At least i've only got a half hour journey tomorrow. Oh well, i'll no doubt experience the nausea you experienced on the boat back to Ardrossan

:LOL:

Jawny":3vdj83m4 said:
Jeez mate, i never realised you were heading back to Orkney straight off the ferry. At least i've only got a half hour journey tomorrow. Oh well, i'll no doubt experience the nausea you experienced on the boat back to Ardrossan

:LOL:

Nah, I just headed back to Edinburgh on Saturday, only driving up to Orkney yesterday. The weather deteriorated the further north though, and the near gale (or for readers in the south of England- 'Hurricane') reminded us why all the chairs on the ferry are chained to the floor. Mercifully it detoured through Scapa Flow rather than broadside the Atlantic swell, so any discomfort was fairly short-lived.

All the best for tomorrow, I hope your weather is better than the Baltic conditions here. Sleet! Hail!

Bah.

Back