Roll up roll up, name the bike win a prize!

I'm no expert, but just going to bat some ideas about. Brands I remember using wishbones are Muddy Fox, Saracen, Orange and Bontrager. Of that list, I think Bonty is most likely, with the Ritchey connection. Other possible is a custom English builder. Might be worth e-mailing a pic and frame number to the likes of Dave Yates, Chas Roberts, Overburys, Argos etc to ask if it's one of theirs. It's also possible that one of them did the disc modifications and might remember what it is.

Another wee clue, the frame has a chain hanger braze on on the drive side seat stay.

Now I am trying to remember which brands I have previously owned which used these.

honestly it looks like an orange to me.

check list against my prestige.

gold braze & tig welding. check
wishbone stays. check
chain hanger. check.

not sure if orange used ritchey drop outs but it wouldn't supprise me.

as for the seat clamp didnt mid 90s oranges have forward facing seat clamps ?

as for the disc tab i'd guess it was added later in its life.

this is all circumstantial through :LOL:

How about a chain stay bridge - my mums orange doesnt have one of those :? Is it typical of orange ?

WD :D

I am edging towards a (Merlin) Rock lobster, mono stay, forward facing seat clamp without separate clamp. even the disk mount. Just not sure if they are tig & brazed. ritchey drops too!

Trek used the wishbone in the late 90's but I don't know if any had the forward facing seat clamp.

Back