2011 Trek Fuel EX9 project

First parts landed on my doorstep today, the brakes. I just wish I had something to stop with them! :cool:

avid_elixir5_01.jpg

avid_elixir5_02.jpg

avid_elixir5_03.jpg

Yeah. Go buy some wheels from my 'for sale' thread, then I can go buy a set of forks! ;)

Think I'm sticking to the Mavics too, I just don't like the sound of Superstar. I have just seen a set of Pro Lite Allein wheels for sale for around £135 but I'm not sure on the durability of the hubs.

Hi James, I have no idea at present, but I'm not that worried. Aside from the frustration of not having anything to ride at present, I've still only got the brakes for it so far. :LOL:

I believe there is only one colour available which is listed as 'Raw Aluminium', however in real life that's not quite the polished silver I thought it would be, but a slightly duller colour which is not the most attractive finish I've seen. But beggars can't be choosers.

I recon you'll have your frame before I'll have mine at this rate...and mine's only sitting in Carlisle! Damn Parcel Force!

daj":vjoj4a4m said:
Its totally standard 2009 model , Fox Float 130 RL

Really well balanced, there very fast climb well too

I've just ordered the 120mm 2009 model, but as this years Trek EX 9 has a 1 1/8 & 1 1/2 (1.5) head tube, I'm now worried that I need a tapered 1 1/8 steerer, although I was advised yesterday that I wouldn't. Looking at headsets on CRC today it's obvious that the 1.5 section is wider! I'm worried.

Ok now I know I need a tapered 1 1/8 steerer! I rang up Merlin yesterday to ask if I did and was told I didn't! Grrrr!!!

Back