Scottish Cyclocross

Crikey, well in anyway K, especially if you're going back for more. Sounds like some serious training ahead?

41st out of 50 starters :eek: is actually better than I thought! But still pish. Target for the next race though. Which for me will be Knockburn loch on the 31st if anyones interested in coming.

EDIT: scratch that, just saw where it is, looks like a mibee for the 14th of Nov

Just a note too, for those with kids theres a strong juniors section with a couple of divisions, quite a big emphasis on it. And the seniors race didnae seem quite as frantic though there was still some very very fit folks.

clockworkgazz said:
you have a fine arse don't let anyone tell you anything different.

quote]

:shock: :shock: worried. Sorry England has invaded Scotland again :LOL:

Kaiser i know what you mean. I turned up at a race a couple years back. Feel quite good at the start. Lucky to have finished. :oops: :LOL:

Cheers Tony, I'll not give up quite yet. As I say I've been kidding myself the last few months but its time to pull the finger oot again. Oh and your welcome to pop in here anytime :D

kaiser":2to7v5tv said:
41st out of 50 starters :eek: is actually better than I thought! But still pish. Target for the next race though. Which for me will be Knockburn loch on the 31st if anyones interested in coming.

EDIT: scratch that, just saw where it is, looks like a mibee for the 14th of Nov

poss silly question but do you think you would have faired better on some skinny tyres on a mountain bike?

Gazz I asked that question a few weeks ago to a cyclocrosser
and he assures me NO, he says the cyclocross bikes are lighter
and he says you have to master jumping off and on quickly
and smoothly, over all the crossers are quicker bikes :?

Aye I'd agree, the CX bike is 20lbsish and never did I think that the bike was holding me up.

I would have been better if I'd done some strength/speed/power work, training for the IM was long and steady work and I neglected the speed stuff. I've noticed this before though, going out with you guys who can put the power down quite easy but I seem to lack that top end. But some of the reason for trying this is to get that back. If the race had been 5 hrs longer I might have got on a bit better :LOL: I know what I need to do and have a month to do it and then I can possibly get to another 4 races. Of course these are the finer details, loosing some chub is going to help. On another forum someones sig is : speedwork is the icing on the cake, you don't have a cake! :LOL:

Back