Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Please post up a link. I cannot find it from the number you gave.
As I chose the components for the Dyna-Tech brand, I may remember from whom it was sourced.

Can some kind soul please allow me to email them a pic of this stem and then post it up on this thread?

I'm using an iPod Touch to surf t'interweb at present and it won't allow me to just cut & paste for some reason. I do however have a pic on email which I could forward.

It was from Jou Ding Components in Taiwan. They are better known as Tranz-X.

It was chosen because it survived our test procedures and because the clamp bolts for the steerer were integral to the stem, not welded on.

We used Kalloy, Hsin Lung (Zoom), JD Comps (Tranz-X) and Lee Chi (Promax) at various times, usually branded either Dyna-tech or RSP.

Best regards

Attachments

• Image0059.jpg
    Image0059.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,077
Thankyou very much bikemeister2000, I guess it was from the mid-nineties then?
Compared to a Raceface Evolve XC stem I have laying around it feels pretty heavy, but then it should last forever! Think it will go on the bike build anyway.

As a Dynatech expert - do you reccomend the frame repair method that involes taking an unstuck frame to a local airport and asking the engineering company to glue it back together with plane glue (after cleaning out the lugs)? A friend did it with a dropout, still going strong 5 years later.

MT5

My new bike

GPS_116.jpg

Would this have been a standard colour? If they where special order, where they custom painted?

Not a standard colour as far as I can remember. We did do custom builds though so it is quite possibly original.

Does it have a gold or silver BS6102 sticker near the bottom of the seat tube ?

Regards

Hi BM :)
This is the one with the reversed bottom bracket threads.It does look like all the others so it must have just got out somehow :?

Could one of the reps have been allowed to buy/use it ? save scrapping the whole frame :?

It's frustrating not to know exactly,i want to get the decals made but not knowing which ones is preventing me.
The Ken is going to digitize [whatever that is :?] so it makes it easier for Gil_m to print them off,i just need a pic of them to reproduce :)

Attachments

• dsc02717_703 (Medium).jpg
    dsc02717_703 (Medium).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,916
  • dsc02721_697 (Medium).jpg
    dsc02721_697 (Medium).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,916
  • dsc02716_134 (Medium).jpg
    dsc02716_134 (Medium).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,916
Back