Calling ZZ and Velo

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
and Boxxer too even though you can't make it, oh and anyone going familair with GT. Have you saw the diversions or proposals? Any suggestions?

Just ride what we planned and divert if we have to. Some diversions in the past at GT have been quite good and often old school ;)

As above.

Huvnae been since our recce with Si, so going by the website:

Until Fri 29th Oct, the Red Route is closed from post 45 to 51 (Matrix and Lombard St closed). The Black Route is currently closed between post 87 and 52 (upper part of Redemption Climb, Ewok Village, Double X, The Bitch and Wormhole closed). Please follow diversion via Pie Run/Mushroom Pie, rejoining Red/Black Route at start of Magic Mushroom (post 52).

So 45 to 51 - highlighted in purple on map below:
gtclosure.jpg

My thoughts, absolutely no big deal. 45 to 51 begins with a fire-road climb and ends with more fire-road back out. More importantly, excluding Spooky, the good parts of the Red (ie. Super G and Hit Squad Hill) are still open.
If you remember, Matrix/Lombard Street are at the end of a fire road climb (we stopped at the bottom when Si had his 2nd puncture), chances are you would have folk wanting to miss this out and scoot round the rooty Pie Run anyway. Physically easier, and possibly more retro friendly - personally, I hardly ever bother hauling up the fire road to do these two sections.

Trail maintenance work with digger on Spookywood Descent from Tue 5th Oct until end of Oct. Look out for short diversion at the top of Spookywood Descent (rejoins descent approx. 1/3 way down) until mid October. From mid Oct to end Oct look out for digger working on lower sections of Spookywood Descent. Trail will be open but riders will be asked to stop and dismount then walk through worksite when signalled by operator.

So it sounds like lower sections of Spooky will be getting work done by next weekend. It's a bummer, but such is life. I prefer the lower sections personally, probably because it takes me a while to feel the flow (man), and it's a shame that we'll have some Spooky Woods virgins who won't get the full experience. But there's more to this meet (and GT) than Spooky, and if that's the only reason you're coming, well... What are we talking about, maybe 5 minutes of riding lost/interrupted?

Ah, the punctures. You had to mention the punctures :roll: :roll:

Now running tubeless again :LOL:

Back