Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark's Alpinestars Ti Mega

• Ed's Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Chris' orange Kona

• Total voters
Top photos, sum up the ride really well although I always think that the Forest of Dean trails aren't as buff as they always look in photos.

jonnyboy666":3aqsxo14 said:
"scent of Edwards" :LOL: :LOL:
Scent? I prefer to think of it as an innate musk.

sinnett177":3aqsxo14 said:
btw Ed, wheres the picture of you pushing up that hill? Suspicious in its absense!)
With the one of you in the Rapha cap I suspect.

Others have done so but I haven't given due credit to Del for guiding and, in particular, Del, John, Rob and Chris for their efforts after Mark's crash. Very impressed by their calm practicality and even more so that, once he was off in the ambulance, a pint seemed the least that was deserved (being gentlemen we had Mark's wallet but, reluctantly, did not touch the contents).

Keep your eyes out for a Forest of Dean ride soon - we will be back.....

Some great photos, brings it all back like it was yesterday. ;) :D

Top marks go to Del for style on the bike, great action shot.

Lovely pics Mark. Great shot of Del, and beauty of John rolling off a root. Yes those are the rocks.
How you must ache :shock: :shock:

I trust Ed saved one of the food bags for you 'cos the brownie and fudge were fantastic.

Couple of extra points:

- Mark was discharged from hospital less because it was clinically safe to do so, more because he was wearing nothing but bibshorts and a blanket and muttering to the pretty, petite, blonde doctor about a "bed bath" and having him ensure that ALL functions were normal (luckily for her that she declined the latter as I understand that way disappointment lies).

- we walked rather than rode part of the local route today. There's a particular bit that always tricks me but Mark suggested a new line. I attacked it with vigour this afternoon. I ended up face down in the brambles.

- 'The Descent of Almost Certain Death' has been augmented by 'Sinnett's Stone', marked with 'Sinnett's Scrape'. Avoid the stone and the rest of the descent is plain sailing.

Crikey! Looks like you all had fun. Even Mark looks like he's enjoying all the attention.
Nice to see he wore his 'Hydrate or Die' headband throughout so the paramedics could see how 'hardcore' he is too.

Seriously though, glad to hear you're recovering from your tumble in the bracken mate. :cool:

Glad your OK mark, looks like you had a side head impact too which are the most serious, no wonder you lost some memory.

I think your Ti-Mega thought you'd died and drowned its sorrows at the pub :LOL:

Latest posts

Back