'98(?) Specialized FSR Elite

Rhythmeister

Retro Newbie
Well, I've always had a soft spot for these frames after a heavy Rockhopper FSR then some sort of other unknown FSR so I tracked this frame down from I can't even remember where a few years ago and slung some goodies on. I've a set of Z150s in the garage needing a service as the rebound adjust stopped working and the Pikes are FAR easier to ride long distance on strangely enough :LOL:

I've decided to share her with the world after a few people I met on Specializeds from this century today at Shaw's Bridge suggested she may be desirable; I know I'd not be the happiest about parting with her anyway! Rear shock is a Vanilla that I picked up to do me while I got the Vanilla TC serviced...and never got round to it but WILL be doing so asap.

Here she is with the backend on 4" as I was doing a few miles; sorry for the image quality, HTC Desire and bright sunshine with a low sun are to blame:

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Spec's are:

Rock Shox Pike 454s
Fox Vanilla (TC to get serviced then back on after a couple of years resting in a drawer)
Bulb rear hub on EN321 (rebranded F219)
Hope Bigun front hub (20mm) on F219
Specialized Roller 2.3" front tire (REALLY tacky but hard wearing)
2.2" Specialized The Captain which feels pretty sticky!
Hussefelt BB and chainset
Hope M4s (maybe E4s, I can't remember but they're lethal)
Hope Enduro headset
Shimano XT 9 speed shifters
XTR cassette
XTR rear mech'
XT front mech'
DMR V12 magnesium shin wreckers
FSA DH bars
Azonic CNC'd stem
SDG Satellite

I'm still getting used to them after having the Z150s on for a while but initial impressions are good. The 5" Shermans I consider to be pretty much perfect for this frame and if someone came along with a set of 6" 1 1/8th Shermans I take their hand off for them!

Apparently the 454s are the top of the line Pikes, they certainly feel smooth as butter and are noticeably lighter than the Jr. T lowered Z150s :LOL:

I need a stiffer spring to run the backend at 6" but I'll worry about that after I get the Vanilla TC back from servicing :cool:

Back