87' Muddyfox Courier Restoration - Finished!

Wow thank you very much for positive comments!
As this was my first British bike restoration so I wasn't sure but I am glad to know that other people like it!

Spibblo":31jed92x said:
I like your home made stickers, I may have to copy you as I have wanted 'the pink one' for sometime now. Where did you get the headset from, is it new? I'm not all that happy with the satin finish on my new headset on my explorer- I want a chrome one like yours. Good stuff. Oh who did the paint/powder coat?

Thanks :D The sheet I used is found in ebay, '10 x A4 PVC/ Vinyl, plastic Laser Labels.,Waterproof '
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0487054268
Colour matching is a bit of pain unless your PC and printer are well colour calibrated - I made it after 7 trials.
The headset is from the parts bike - luckily the previous owner didn't change the original parts so it was still there.
Needed lots of time for polishing, though.
The paint was done by Armourtex in Hackney, London.
http://www.armourtexltd.co.uk/
They are extremely popular among fixed gear bike guys.
http://www.lfgss.com/thread17439.html
I used them once before and I was very satisfied with the quality and durability at affordable cost.

Easy_Rider":31jed92x said:
Good job! :shock:
Cheers! :)
I love your collection of great bikes built with nice attention to detail.
I might try build fixed gear next time.

clockworkgazz":31jed92x said:
stunning work mate a great thread thanks
Thank you.
I love your stumpjumper!
I have to thank you guys to give me lots of inspiration and tips!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That is a great job - I wish I had your skills and ability to judge whats worth doing and whats not - your mate is a lucky bloke that is now one cool bike.

There is some really interesting info in this thread.

Any chance you could sell me a couple of those ARAYA stickers? ;)

nevadasmith":5rwt82q5 said:
That is a great job - I wish I had your skills and ability to judge whats worth doing and whats not - your mate is a lucky bloke that is now one cool bike.
There is some really interesting info in this thread.
Any chance you could sell me a couple of those ARAYA stickers? ;)
Cheers for your compliment!
I have one pair back up left so you can have it at cost of postage.
I will PM you paypal detail etc.

Good work, nice to see using what you have rather than hitting the wallet. Prefer to see that than just hanging loads of expensive NOS and designer bling on it. Puts us mere mortals in with a chance. Well done.

paininthe":1hd77w2m said:
Good work, nice to see using what you have rather than hitting the wallet. Prefer to see that than just hanging loads of expensive NOS and designer bling on it. Puts us mere mortals in with a chance. Well done.
Thank you!
Yes, the initial idea was just re-paint the frame and replace the spokes but the dream expanded and ended with restoration.
Obviously I didn't want to make big hole in my friend's pocket (I hope!) so I tried to stick with the budget hence some appropriation parts.
In fact this way is more challenging and fun like a game!

Its a time to say bye.
The baby went back to my friends house.
Thanks everyone for your help!
main.php

Fantastic :D loving the detail and trouble you have gone too, Reflectors look spot on ;)

So.............. what you gunna be restoring next ???? :razz:

kaiser":1ieivvvc said:
:cool: :cool: love it! Really top work :cool:
Gravy Monster":1ieivvvc said:
Fantastic :D loving the detail and trouble you have gone too, Reflectors look spot on ;)
So.............. what you gunna be restoring next ???? :razz:
Thanks guys!:)
Yeah, I thought the reflectors were unnecessary but in fact that make it look much more authentic don't they. :cool:

Well, I m thinking what should I do next.
The donor Courier frame is sitting in my room so I can make one more but I don't have much parts to make it restoration as such.
Do you have any recommendation what should I restore next? :LOL:

Back