1998 Kona Stab

She's still on the bike stand, I've just 5mins back been out there and bolted up a front hope brake... I've an original hydraullic disk but it needs some love so ice put a slightly later 4pot on. Waiting to get my old bigun on 521 off my brother then she'll be rolling! Been out on my cindercone and the modern stuff recently so this has been a neglected project!

Slow progress around here!

I've had no time to do anything recently, although I have now got pretty much everything to complete the bike.
Hope Bigun on 521 front, Hope XC on 521 rear.
DMR V12s
XT rear Vs
Will use the earlier hope disk up front
Just got to find some time and get my *rse into gear!

Attachments

• Stab with wheels.jpg
    Stab with wheels.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4,255
Did you really once have a Thomas Misser replica Kona branded Turner! That's awesome! They were Burners were they not? In my top 5 bikes of all time! Your a legend! I remember when some lad turned up down our local quarry on a brand new Stab, we all had Kona hardtails at the time! He proceeded to do huge MX style jumps on it and blew our minds. We were only 16 at the time! He was a winner!

I certainly did, back in 98 I think... I wasn't very good on it though! Will see if I can find some pics of it to scan in. Great little bike, was a turner in fact mine was badges as one as well. Had it with bombers, magura gustuv m's, middleburns, etc, etc. Seem to remember it was a little 'colourful'. Must have a look for pics of my other old bikes, had a Ltd dh before that bit ended up building the parts onto a 16" lavadome and racing that in the nembas! That's brought back some memories!

Man, I would love to see som pics of that. Sounds awesome. I adored the Stab/Burner frame. Looked amazing and still does. Has aged so well. I'm always on the lookout for a Burner frame as a project. I remember this guys Stab being built like a tank. It was the first time I had seen anyone go HUGE on a bike like that!

Not a great pic, but you can see how un-colour coordinated it was good little bike though! Found one of an old Chameleon as well, at which point it had a set of Judy DHOs with a front spin wheel on didn't scan in very well though and it was much nicer with a regular wheel and bomber Z1s anyway!

Attachments

• Kona Turner1web.jpg
    Kona Turner1web.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,541
Back