Circuit of Arran on Road - Posponed, the North is Calling

:D I'm still painting but will check in your progress! Jawny did you go?

I watched the boat head out :eek: I waved but couldn't see you :LOL:

:( i wasn't sure if anyone was actually going!! I checked last night and i presumed everyone here was busy doing other things. Therealwalk- good on you for soloing on the MTB. I'd like to think you were riding on slicks? Anti-clockwise means you have the big climb early doors. Watchout for the tight bend at the bottom. Enjoy :cool:

Slicks would be nice... But semi slick it is today. Panaracer Mach SS 1.9 on the front, Schwalbe Marathon Plus 2.0 on the back- an absurdly heavy tyre.

Just arriving at Brodick, thanks for the corner warning.

Absurdly heavy? pannier? :shock: You're either very, very fit or very brave!!!! It's a heavy route. Last time i rode it was on a Specialized SWORKS hardtail with specialized fatboy slicks, pumped up to concrete psi :LOL: Handled like a roadbike :cool: I hope the wind is kind to you buddy. I'll look forward to reading your report. :!: :!: :!:

anticlockwise would be my preferred route too - get the tough stuff over with quickly - once you've passed Lochranza the rest is easier. Jealous.

Lochranza Hotel in the north or Lagg Hotel in the south of the island are good for lunch/beer :cool:

Back on the ferry to Ardrossan. Updates ceased
A) because of some email problem, and
B) because I have spent the last hour time trialling to Brodick having misjudged my distance and farting about allowance (no computer on the bike)

Nausea currently subsiding- that was really quite hard.

Coke and chocolate beckons...

Great effort! :cool: I said it was a heavy route eh? :LOL: At least you caught the boat :p Now you realise why everyone chickened oot ;)

Heres a pic from tonight :D

5087243420_06575c8f7f_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back