Sorted! Loan of a TA crank puller alternate method?

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
NOW sorted thanks everyone
Anyone got a TA crank puller that I could borrow, I sold both mine a few years back thinking I'd never get another old TA chainset but couldn't resist.. :)

I'd be very very careful...honest

If not anyone know of a method to get them off otherwise?

Re: Loan of a TA crank puller...please :) or alternate meth

tonyf39":2nlvv4t9 said:
Anyone got a TA crank puller that I could borrow, I sold both mine a few years back thinking I'd never get another old TA chainset but couldn't resist.. :)

I see that you list that you live in the garden city, were you to be in the garden state, also known as New Jersey, I would be more than happy to lend you mine...

Re: Loan of a TA crank puller...please :) or alternate meth

Citoyen du monde":wundw2zq said:
tonyf39":wundw2zq said:

I see that you list that you live in the garden city, were you to be in the garden state, also known as New Jersey, I would be more than happy to lend you mine...

The worlds FIRST garden City at that! Thanks anyway for the thought, I think one went to the US as it happens :)

That's very useful Keith, I'd missed it before. I need to remove some TA cranks on my Pennine to fit a TA adaptor set I picked up at the recent jumble. This'll give me a 51/44 instead of the 50/47, more suitable for my old legs - but not as old as yours so I see ;)

And there I was, thinking I was the only oldie on the forum...............

keithglos":oirj6523 said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114013&highlight=stronglight+49d

Hope that finds my method, normally used when the threads are stripped.

thanks I'll give it a go, failing that I'll see if byercycles might have one to do it for me.

Young Ned, I rode my first BLRC road race in 1951, Western Section.

When removing the old cotterless I always put a bit of tension on the removing bolt, and gave it a light tap with a small hammer, then tightened a bit more. Always screw the removing tool right in to the crank.

Keithglos method works a treat as long as you have a cup and cone type B/B. One tap and my old 49D was off. It's so easy I'm keeping the chainset even though the threads are shot.
Thanks Keithglos.

You should have seen what I could do to cotter pins with 2 light hammers.
I did have the Cyclo cotter pin tool with the adjustable cam and long handles.

Back