knutsford / northwich area? Macc Forest ride - 17/10/10

Oh it was lovely, but it was a "1 in, 1 out" situation - space / budget - and the CX seemed to crossover the hardtail as much as it did the posh road bike, so sadly it's gone. Looking forward to seeing yours though - and yes; let me know a time / place to meet and I'll be there on Sunday. Work's just got in the way of tonight's planned ride, so I'm in serious need of getting out.

PS: Yep - think it's a 30.0 / 29.8 clamp you need. Mine went with the bike, but I'll have a root through the spares box and see if there's owt there. Having had 3x On Ones, a Sanderson and a Cotic in recent years, there must be something that size knocking about!

For start details have a look at this, as copied from some earlier Macc Forest rides.

NWA regional ride: Macclesfield Forest
:: Date: Sunday 17th October 2010
:: Distance/time: 10-15 miles / 3-4 hours riding at a steady pace.
:: Meeting at Leather's Smithy Inn at 10:30am for 11:00am start.
[Free parking available on the road outside the pub alongside the reservoir but please don't use the pub car park]
Please be aware it can get very busy on Sundays... Let me know if you intend to arrive earlier.
:: Directions: here
:: Terrain: Well drained fire roads, rocky descents, and tracks and bridleways. Some road sections including one big road climb. Nothing particularly technical or steep but plenty of rocks and fast descents.

We've done a couple of retro rides in and around Macclesfield Forest this year. Have a look at the aftermaths below for a taster.

January:> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87568
April:> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97123

Looks ace - recognise a lot of it from a ride Kiran & I did a while back. I particularly remember the road ENE from the pub being the daftest steep road climb I can bring to mind :x

It was also the ride when Kiran first 'borrowed' my Ibis & took a shine to it, resulting in absurd expense & toil. I road dad's (too small for me) Cadex ALM-1. You'd like the Cadex, it's original & hardly used... ;)

Really looking forward to this! I was before, but extra excited now... :D :LOL:

Gents (and any ladies!) - I'm struggling a touch with the late start, but will still try to meet you at the Leather's Smithy; though I might be on my way back down...! Looks like it'll be a great day for a stomp, and sorry in advance for not making the whole thing . :(

It'll have to be the 10:30 for 11am start for me I'm afraid.

Weather is looking good. I'll be on my Marin, which has no granny ring. That'll make that steep road climb a real challenge...

drystonepaul":3f8j4kgh said:
It'll have to be the 10:30 for 11am start for me I'm afraid.

Weather is looking good. I'll be on my Marin, which has no granny ring. That'll make that steep road climb a real challenge...

That's sorted then :cool:

Ditto on the Dyna - 34/32 lowest for me :cry: it's a tragic attempt to combine my weight weenie fetish with a chronic need to get fit!

Not a weight weenie thing for me. I just don't have a spare inner ring for that bike...

We can have a chat while we're pushing our bikes up the steep bits.

drystonepaul":2vn3edmm said:
Not a weight weenie thing for me. I just don't have a spare inner ring for that bike...

We can have a chat while we're pushing our bikes up the steep bits.

:LOL:
What bcd is it? Sure I can dig one out this afternoon... ;)

elPedro666":1jxlbswf said:
What bcd is it? Sure I can dig one out this afternoon... ;)

It's a 58mm bcd. Cheers but don't worry about it. I'd have to change the alloy outer chainring bolts too otherwise they'd catch the chain and get chewed up if I dropped onto the granny ring. (if I had one)
It's not worth the bother...

I'll just man up and deal with the climbs.

Back