HELLO Honey, I'm home. . . .

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have just found this site and what can I say I lost four hours looking at it !

I have just spent a afternoon finaly rebuilding a my Orange Clockwork, and its looking sweet, Black and White with XT &DX & Mavic 531.

I baught my first MTB in about 88 a Raligh Mustang this was quickly folowed by a Al Carter Black Panther a over sized steel frame with a 11/4in head set DX groupset and araya RM20 rims. I still have the frame in my parents garage if any one is interested, it does however now have a ovel headset. My next and current bike was a Orange Clocwork that has recently been renovated to its past glory (I will pots a photo when I find out how).

This has made my think about the high lights from my MTB past, I cant decide which it was, Perhaps being mistaken for John Stephenson (MTB Editor at the time) or being stoped in a town in mid Wales by Steve Bher photographer and asked where us the Polaris event because he had been driving around wales for 2 hours and couldant find it, he asked me because I was wearing a bula hat.

or

Jacking my job in to cycle accros the USA to find the best MTB spots, and after flying into Boston and cycling to the Worlds at Bromont (before cycling to California) was approched outside a shop in vermont by Missy Giove and after telling her what I was doing she said I was mental, and then ending racing arround the US North East for the winter for a semi pro team. As well as riding as a courier in Phiadelphia for a three months, if you want a wild ride try this !

or

Jacking in another job to cycle in New Zealand and racing in Adventure Races (Southern Traverse/Coast to Coast/ mountain to sea, google them if you want to find out more)

or

Racing in several races in the UK with a pair of Green Rabbit ears, including several Polaris races with what I think are current members of this forum. There was certanly a Mad Cow or two involved.

or

Working in Darbyshire as a Mountain bike guide.

There was far to much time spent lusting after purple Ringle parts, etc but I guess you all know about that . . . .

Then there was also the groupies. . .

TheGreenRabbit":21s9xxxr said:
Racing in several races in the UK with a pair of Green Rabbit ears, including several Polaris races with what I think are current members of this forum. There was certanly a Mad Cow or two involved.

Then there was also the groupies. . .

there were always groupies around the MadCows!

Welcome home fella - don't remember you but my memory is shocking, sorry! MadCow will probably remember though!

Back