2000 Marin Alpine Trail

Khane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
bought this off ebay t'other day, arrived this afternoon.

thing is i'm struggling to possitively identify it.

i've been through all the marins on bikepedia, alot seem to share the same front end (in design at least) and the closest rear triangle i've come up with is the B-17

can anyone help me ??

2qi9par.jpg

2hzguh.jpg

24ce7h5.jpg

v8lkz4.jpg

JamesMatlock":37m8uk71 said:
Please sell it to me, I have been after this shape Maris FS for ages.

I will beg if I have to xxx

lol chances are i'll be selling it in a month or 2 anyway (maybe sooner maybe not at all time will tell )

to be honest i was after a proper downhiller as i have a nice retro full suss XC and my lovely retro clockwork and i honestly don't want to be taking them down runs designed for bikes with 6"+ or travel front & rear.

i'll just have to see how it performs after i've finished building it up.

i'll keep you posted.

(BTW any ideas on model & age ? )

I couldn't work it out either. It seems closest to the 2000 Rock Springs, which was one model up from the B-17 and cost £995. The rear end looks a slightly different shape to the Bikepedia picture though - quite like the Wildcat Trail rear end. Maybe a replacement?

I think the Rock Springs was more like a 4" travel, not a full down-hiller, but a fair bit for those times.

Fairly ludicrous price you paid, but I suppose they don't generally fetch much. Don't really know why, they were very well regarded in their day, and you have got disc tabs after all.

Attachments

• 2000 Marin Wildcat Trail catalogue.jpg
    2000 Marin Wildcat Trail catalogue.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 10,886
  • 2000 Marin Rock Springs catalogue.jpg
    2000 Marin Rock Springs catalogue.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 10,886
That looks very similar to my 2000 wolf ridge. There were three bikes in the range, all gunmetal with either red, orange or yellow and they were touted as long travel xc with 5" travel at the back and a 4" fork and the option of V brakes or hope disc upgrade . They filled the gap between the 4" travel xc bikes and the 6" downhill bikes at the time such as the B17.

IMG_0105.jpg

finished building this up tonight i'll get some pics tomorrow.
i saw finished but ive an M952 rear mech to go on just waiting for my new jockeys as the ones on it are proper fooked lol.

Looking nice. I searched bikepedia but couldn't find it either. Looks lots better than my '98 Alpine Trail.

well being as it was such a lovely afternoon here in leicestershire i took it out for a sunny sunday baiku.

2yys5sl.jpg

33jr8yo.jpg

2l9ijqd.jpg

it rides beautifully soaked up everything i threw at it.
but alas its still too small for me :(
in future i'll remember anything with a seat tube under 18" is just gonna be too small.

gonna let my mate go out on it before i strip it down and sell it on, as he's never riden a full susspension bike before 0_0

Back