What xt kit have i bought :oops:

computerbitz

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just bought myself a crank front and rear mech and brake levers and also just realised i didnt as the guy what version i was getting and the size of the front mech :oops: but the reason for this was that i got in with the last 5 mins of the auction and if i do say so myself fell i got a bloody good deal for the lot

7762_1.JPG

6713_1.JPG

7213_1.JPG

b32a_1.JPG

98a0_1.JPG

5626_1.JPG

those are 9-speed cranks. the rest is M737 8speed by the looks of it, and tasty kit it is too.

Might be wrong (and usually am) but don't think the front mech is M737. As for the rear mech, I'd have a bloody hard time telling M737 from M739 without looking at the code stamped on the back! :LOL:

cce":3w20t3y9 said:
those are 9-speed cranks. the rest is M737 8speed by the looks of it, and tasty kit it is too.

Well where does that leave me on the other post i made over chain would i need a 8 speed or 9 speed chain given that its a 9 speed crank if i am restricted to 9 speed then so be it but i really wont use the extra gears right away as its generally a lets get fit bike, and eventually venture into something more, i will be fitting a 737 8 speed cassette to wheels if thats fine and will work with the crank

My impression is that you need to use an 8-speed chain with an 8-speed cassette and mechs. That's why chain manufacturers still offer 8-speed chains as well as 9-speed.

And I thought that although a 9-speed crankset isn't perfect with an 8-speed chain, it will work fine. If it didn't work fine, surely you would find chainring manufacturers offering a choice between 8-speed and 9-speed rings, but they don't.

Back