Next Special BOTM

Actually there's an idea. How about submitting any pix of the worst possible combination of frame and parts that you can find on the internet (or even in your garage!!)?

This was suggested, but rebutted due to potential offence to others..
'hey, thats my bike!! why the.....'

I think you get the idea :LOL: :LOL:

how about it has to be your bike that you love dearly, but everybody else thinks stinks because of the colour scheme/componentry etc. I'm sure I have a couple of them with major componentry faux pas (mainly because of lack of money) e.g. adjustable stems etc :oops:

jez-2-many-bikes":3gzud65r said:
You could do "production bike restoration" with the idealogy that the bike has been restored to its off the peg state...

Nice idea but......oh god, i started now so I'll finish. Firstly apologies to anybody and everybody irrespective of sex/race/nationality/preferred bike orientation/other forum membership etc if i cause offence. IMO thats not what retrobike is about.

Some other forums are about getting hold of the 1992 A.N.Other BikeCo catalogue (US/GB/Europe edition) and recreating a Al-Pro-Comp-Mega-Team LX down to the finite detail of original tyres, tubes, cable routing, grips etc. Nice if that flicks your switch! :roll:

IMO its not what retrobike is about and it's what makes our forum the best. Retrobike is about expressing ourselves in reproducing our interpretations of retro-bikes be that MTB, road or even BMX. BOTM is about entering what you have finished that week/month/year (as some peoples projects take longer than others :D ) with the resources available to you and for others to admire and comment on but it is just fun. Does anybody seriously start building their bike with the sole intention of winning BOTM?

By all means we should have have special editions of BOTM, singlespeed, pennypinchers, full suspension, frame material, even manufacturer (so long as it's not Kona :LOL: ) but please not 'Recreate a Catalogue Picture' BOTM.

As has been said, just my 2p!

jez-2-many-bikes":36x41uel said:
You could do "production bike restoration" with the idealogy that the bike has been restored to its off the peg state...

Well have something which fits that category down to the tyres :)

andrewl":3f8oui2o said:
jez-2-many-bikes":3f8oui2o said:

Well have something which fits that category down to the tyres :)

my bet is it's a Kona too :evil: :LOL: :LOL:

Back