1993 Orange ClockWork

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Now then, now then

This build kind of began in 1998, when I received a 19" Marin team titanium. This was too big for my dwarf legs and too good to let go so I quickly arranged a part ex involving the owner and a Canondale. benandemu was now the new owner of the Marin (frame only). The Pace RC35s from the Marin went to the Canondale.

Jump to 2004/2003, I had decided to build a bike up using all the original XTR bits known as m900. This new fangled google and Ebay thing helped me to find all sorts of bits for my build including a 1993 kilauea to build the stuff onto. The group never looked right so after only 2 rides it was removed and stored away.

Nos XTR Mmmmm.....
PA140224.jpg

About 3 years ago my friend with the Canondale bought some RC30s and gave me the RC35s which I had last seen when I took them off the Marin Ti. They had no travel or decals but looked ok, so I shelved them.

last year I decided the m900 and the RC35s must go together, and soon found a Dyna-Tec Diablo 1994, but this was too new for the forks so I never went through with the build.

Now to Sept 2010 and an Orange turned up painted and in my size, perfect 1993 year and also an item that was often built up BITD with XTR and Pace, USE etc. Some white cable an Orange stem and a couple of Pace bits from Tim, and the build could begin.

So just enough time to finish my 6 year build for the North West anniversary ride at Llandegla, and to my surprise I took the bike of the ride for the build. actually the bike was finished on the Saturday before the ride, and this was also to be my first ride on the Orange (risky)

Spec:
Frame: 1993 Orange ClockWork

Fork: Pace RC35

Headset: Shimano XT m735
Stem: Orange SK8
Handlebar: USE straight (Gil Decal)
Grips: ODI Tomac
Barends: NIL

Brakes: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Pads: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Cables: BBB
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Levers: Shimano XTR M900

Shifters: Shimano XTR M900
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Derailleur Cables: BBB
Cassette: Shimano XTR M900
Chain: Sram pc870
Cranks: Shimano XTR M900
Crank Bolts:Shimano XTR M900
Chainrings: Shimano XTR M900
Chainring bolts:Shimano XTR M900
Bottom Bracket: Hppe Titanium 113mm
Pedals: Onza HO titanium

Hub Skewers: Shimano XTR M900
Rims: Campagnolo Stheno were NOS when built
Hubs: Shimano XTR M900
Nipples: brass
Spokes: DT DB
Tyres: IRC Mythos x2 front Kevlar
Tubes: Air B

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite (correct red logo)
Seatpost: Shimano XTR M900
Seatpost Binder:Shimano XTR M900

Weight:

PA090190.jpg

PA090189.jpg

PA090200.jpg

PA090198.jpg

PA090197.jpg

PA090196.jpg

PA090195.jpg

PA090193.jpg

PA090192.jpg

PA090191.jpg

super cool build, neat tidy, properly specced, as it should be

Cheers

It was after the OWMBC that the Orange theme grew in my head for the XTR and Pace.

I nearly bought one in '94 but went for a Kilauea from Leisure Lakes, now I have ridden this there is no comparison in build quality etc.

That's a really sweet looking ride, nice colour, looks the same as my P7, 'Bomber Orange' I think?.

That's a really sweet looking ride, nice colour, looks the same as my P7, 'Bomber Orange' I think?.

Opps double post!

Back