And today I did......

Went for a bimble around G.T today

Forgot my pump , and also never bothered bringing my chain tool .....

Guess what i needed to borrow off fellow cyclists ;)

Infact, bumped into a lovely wee family from Vancouver Island who assisted with my chain snapping drama :cool:

I know they wont ever read this but their help was very much appreciated

(oh & the top of spooky area has the forestry comission all over it and there are diversions :LOL:)

Gc

velomaniac":l26mlij5 said:
When you say Mafac are we talking side pull or centre pull road calipers. Bike stations got loads of centrepulls but I suspect none are boutique enough for you Dr S :roll:

Just plain old MAFAC canti brakes. Nothing bling but must be mint.

Looking like another late night at work. Just to make things easier for myself I think I might have just broken the index finger on my right hand. It doesn't bend, hurts like hell and is already as fat as a blind cobblers thumb.

Currently trying to work out what stuff I need to swap around! Wheels from the muddy fox to FAT 1, shifter and wheels from FAT 1 to FAT 2, fit tensioner to FAT 1 and hope for the best chainline wise. Build FAT 2 for GT. Then guidereit to strip muddy to strip and karakorum to look out for sale too! At some point I'll also fling together the cannondale I have in the cupboard!

Ae last weekend...

tisbutascratch.jpg

' I've had worse... '

impressive photo-shopping my young padowin- i suspect kaisers proper pics look worse- not only did i do my arm in, I bruised my head and face, have a swollen and badly bruised ankle, a scraped and tender hip and my right arm is oozing puss and raw still.

I love Ae. :LOL:

clockworkgazz":36nm0frf said:
impressive photo-shopping my young padowin- i suspect kaisers proper pics look worse- not only did i do my arm in, I bruised my head and face, have a swollen and badly bruised ankle, a scraped and tender hip and my right arm is oozing puss and raw still.

:LOL:

BUT WE STILL LUVS YA PAL ;)

clockworkgazz":1okf16yg said:

I love Ae. :LOL:

Fer Christ Sake :shock: , what did you crash down, a cliff ?

Got the chain device sorted on the DH8, had to go for a smaller (36T) middle ring (rollers would'nt work with the 42T outer i had on), even then i had to fit big spacers on the middle ring to move it away from the arm, PITA, working now though, also fitted a longer seatpost, bike does'nt look as good with the saddle up (IMHO) but at least it's more useable, just need to bleed the rear brake (works but a bit spongey) but it's riding spot on :cool:

Just about ready for Tress BUT i may still sell it, will want to keep it clean and fresh so not sure if i'll be bringing it next Sat :(

rollers.jpg

Looks good Jimmy :cool: Just be careful with this beast.
What a cracking day today. Punished myself properly for two hours on every hill which I could find around Glasgow. I love Xizangs. It's not ready yet but decided to take Xizang to tress instead of FAT. Nothing, i say nothing come close to this bike in climbing. A real work horse.

Back