Whats the best 8 speed chain to get

I bought some goldie lookin chain for the Fat Ti. Its very pretty and erm..works ok with the fabled bad shifting Pauls mech.

About 32 quid on ebay.

yeah i seen the KMC X9 Gold Ti-N Coated on ebay for 26.52 BIN so with postage that would be about right but would they work on 8 speed or woul i have to have links removed

Links removed?! :?:

A 9 speed chain will not like an 8 speed drivetrain. The distance between the plates is smaller. Stick with 8 speed (as Shimano should have done - 9 speed sucks, literally).

computerbitz":1j9sc1nl said:
yeah i seen the KMC X9 Gold Ti-N Coated on ebay for 26.52 BIN so with postage that would be about right but would they work on 8 speed or woul i have to have links removed

CRC sell a KMC X9 for 9-speed (£15) and X8 for 8-speed (£10), so presumably there might be a KMC X8 Gold Ti-N Coated for 8-speed blingsters.

The SRAM PC68 is no longer made, but supplanted by the PC890 at the same CRC price (£20).

You guys must keep your chains much cleaner than mine, because I also had the impression that the different price levels of SRAM were all mechanically identical and when they've got as much black stuff on them as mine have, what they look like underneath is pretty irrelevant really.

Back