Coolwall Oct 2010 - Saracen

Coolwall Oct 2010 - Saracen

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Worthy, but Uncool

The first and only pink bike I ever owned (and will own) was a Saracen, just like th one pictured at the top, highlights were a lovely fully fillet brazed frame with relatively light tange prestige tubes, lowlights Biopace rings, and a saddle the size of a house.

I believe this frame still robbed of all components in a garage in oxford :)

Fondly remembered, but never cool.....

From my first postings on here I've wanted a Saracen with the seat tube piercing the top tube... I've ended up with one a bit older than that but it's still a lovely bike.

Based on their early work through to the mid 90s and the recent models I've seen which seem to be taking a step back to being a good looking modern bike brand I'm happy to give them a click for 'cool'

I'm considering a Mantra X27 to replace my Avalanche.

Not cool then not cool now. Sure there will be blips of tepidness but cool, I don't think so

They were cool.

But, we are talking about the here and now.

And they now produce seriously low rent tat. So no. Not cool.

Not cool. I used to lust after an E-stay Kili (Flyer?) when I was younger, but they could never be considered cool. They tended to come across more like the MTB equivalent of a Toyota Corolla.

All that said, I've only just found this section of the site and can see Gripshift at the 'Uncool' end - I can only assume this is some sort of misprint or that my opinion is generally at odds with the majority...

And they now produce seriously low rent tat. So no. Not cool.

Under their new ownership they produce some cracking stuff, but I think it's fair to say that there's a reputation hill to climb :)

Over the timescale with which RB is mostly concerned, I'm saying cool. Twin U-brake Trekker = ubercool.

My first two proper mtb's were late 80's early 90's saracens and they still remind me of those awesome days. My time away from the scene coincided with their worst years, so easy for me to forget. Coming back with some decent kit now, so I'll say yes, cool.

I have three - and one has been with me longer than any other bike has ever been (only 3 years or so, but many here only a matter of weeks!) - so, a resounding YES is hardly surprising!

Cool

I really like the decals and paintjobs, the handmade cr-mo stuff and I've always been a fool for e-stays.

BITD cool
Nowadays uncool

Since this is a retro bike forum I'm only considering the old school stuff!

Latest posts

Back