1993 Zaskar Build

lookig very nice and shiny, like the new sticker set too

will be good to see it built up

Queste:15ajvt38 said:
The nice thing of your frame size is that the bottom tube is parallel to the rear tubes, like a parallelogram. It looks awesome ! Do you have wheels yet ? Like to see a picture of it standing on wheels !

On its wheels (although lacking to the soon to be purchased smoke and darts :twisted: )

DSC00150.jpg

Last edited:
Well I ordered the BB earlier on tonight so the chainset should be on by midweek. I'll sort the saddle for the next pictures gm :p

How much travel you have in that fork? What's the axle to crown? Looks like it's laying that frame back quite a bit...maybe too much, may wind up putting to much stress on the bottom of your down tube. Have seen a number of the early Zaskar's fail/crack because forks with too much travel were put up front. Best if you can keep it to 405mm or less axle to crown on those older frames.

Fork travel is 100mm iirc - could be wrong on that though.

Don't have anything handy to measure the axle to crown at the minute, have to try and remember to get a tape measure this week to check it.

My frame number is also 0893 with 94 decals so as previously
stated this one would probably have been manufactured August, built up
and shipped ready for next year.

18110634-1.jpg

94 Decals
17211452-1.jpg

Done a lot of polishing since this, these decals seemed to look better when it was dull.

PS the decals in your first pic are they 93, cos I really like them. Fancy some for mine.

looks good apart from the forks. change them for some rockshox mag 21s ,gt rigid, or some pace would look much better on the zaskar

Can't stand Mag 21's :p and i'm not going rigid :D

Forks will likely be changed but I want to finish it off before I start re-buying bits !

Back