And today I did......

Today I discovered the flaws in internet purchases. The carbon repair kit I thought I ordered from Carbonology.Com appears not to have been ordered. However despite the fact they have no record of an order they did take my payment. On top of which they seem uncontactable at the moment :evil:

Lots of hassle to look forward too, brilliant :roll:

That frame is cursed. Viking funeral sez I.

Gazz - your bag-o-canti finally made it to the Post Office this morning. Enjoy your one-armed fiddling.

Today was a watershed in my retrobike odyssey. For the first time since I stumbled across this money-pit of a website, I came across a bike that I wanted, been looking for something similar for a long time, at a good price, I have the money, could have hit Buy it Now but just didn't. Think I may have reached my personal limit at 9 bikes/projects! I'm kind of proud and ashamed at the same time. I need to dedicate some time to actually finishing some of the projects so I don't keep riding the same bike all the time.

I did still buy a chainring I don't really need and bid on a few other things though!

kaiser":2uqhlgf5 said:
what was it? one of us might still get it :LOL:

It was a KHS softail, complete bike on ebay for £100 delivered. There's a post in the ebay section, not sure if it's still there - I can't trust myself to go and check!

I won that set of vintage Phil Wood hubs on evilbay last night and have also scored a NOS Shimano 600 freewheel in super rare 13/28 flavor. So combined with yesterdays steel Arayas I now have my unicorn wheelset.

Now it's time to start looking for brakes. MAFAC anyone???

When you say Mafac are we talking side pull or centre pull road calipers. Bike stations got loads of centrepulls but I suspect none are boutique enough for you Dr S :roll:

Finally got through to Carbonology as regards carbon repair kit, problem was at their end. Profuse apologies from them and kit is dispatched. Thus nothing stopping my dodgy repairs of the Giant Cadex.............or is there :roll:

Back