Cycle Show - Earls Court 7-10th Oct

it not as good as it should be but the royce hubs, forgot how cool they were. cliff showed me the gold/carbon ones a while ago, he wouldn't let me take a pic at the time

here's my facebook pics. me and my mate adam went on the beer afterwards, it was messy!! :LOL: i went on friday, it's now sunday, nearly 5pm and i still feel like crap!! :LOL:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 8ee879b5a9

Had a good chat with Cliff and have arranged to go down to see him at some point to get a new BB sized and fitted on my RC300 to give best chainline running a duo chainset.

Also talked extensively about his new BB & track cranks.

Got one of the KCNC key rings and joined the ctc.

I missed out on the KCNC keyrings, bummer!

I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, got chatting with loads of guys on the stalls and spent far too much on an (awesome) Exposure front light.

Highlights for me were meeting the custom fit guys at WyndyMilla who are based just down the road from me near Guildford and have a great new approach to made to measure cycling, and fab paint jobs.

Also loved the steel Colagno on display, and the Moots road and MTB's...luvverly.
Did anyone see those whacky bamboo framed bikes!? crazy but cool.
Impressed with the Van Nicholas bikes in the flesh too.

Was surprised to see almost a complete lack of belt driven bikes, infact I dont recall a single one. Probably spent too much time aimlessly wandering around and chatting.
Shame the sale arena was all fixed at RRP.

Best bit was the ride home in the early evening sun with a light following wind, we managed to average just over 20mph for 16miles, not bad considering the traffic & being on my feet all day! must be all the energy shots I bought...

KeepItSteel":suklaons said:
I missed out on the KCNC keyrings, bummer!
I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, got chatting with loads of guys on the stalls and spent far too much on an (awesome) Exposure front light.
Highlights for me were meeting the custom fit guys at WyndyMilla who are based just down the road from me near Guildford and have a great new approach to made to measure cycling, and fab paint jobs.
Also loved the steel Colagno on display, and the Moots road and MTB's...luvverly.
Did anyone see those whacky bamboo framed bikes!? crazy but cool.
Impressed with the Van Nicholas bikes in the flesh too.
Was surprised to see almost a complete lack of belt driven bikes, infact I dont recall a single one.

I too missed out on the KCNC jockey wheel key ring, but did get a Koolstop brake pad key ring.
I saw the bamboo framed bikes, kinda whacky, do they have to protect them from beetles etc? Lots of electric bikes.
I saw several belt driven bikes, a loverly orange Moulton TSR2, a Trek Soho(?) somewhere and several others I noticed, but from a manufacturer I'm not sure who?
There seem to be several custom bike suppilers, I suppose it saves alot of hard work, but some seemed a little bit lowend, I didn't really stop at Windy Milla though.
Yes, the Van Nicholas frames looked great, saw the Exposure lights on the USE stand.
The product that made the biggest impresion on me was the MX style hand guards, great for the cold wet weather we'll going to be getting this winter?
There seemed to be some notable absences from my previous visit, but nice to see Peugoet back on the secene.
My journey back to Marylebone was a nightmare thanks to the District line and others having multipule problems, so much for letting the train take the strain :!:

Defender":umti36v1 said:
The product that made the biggest impresion on me was the MX style hand guards, great for the cold wet weather we'll going to be getting this winter?

They did absolutely nothing for me, the chap asked us what we thought and I for one was lost for an answer. I ride with gloves daily switching to neoprene gloves when the weather gets colder & wetter, I didnt see the point of adding a odd looking pair of shields.

Still other people were taking an interest and in all fairness they probably know better than me.

I have to agree on the verdict for the bash guards, I kinda hated them.
I may be in the minority though, their stand was very busy.

I really must concentrate more next time instead of nattering away, I didnt see a single belt drive bike! :roll: and also missed out on Royce.

spotted a belt-drive on the Mosquito stand (Fixie: Backspin)
nice 25th anni yeti on the Bromley stand
equally lush Cielo frames again on the BB stall
no Shimano stand...
cool HED camper van
ace talk from some guy called Robert Penn
must watch stunts/spills from the 'youth's' on the bmx's
spoke with the guy from Royce, he didn't seem to recall Pace...
spotted my wife's xmas pressie...Pashley Sonnet, ace wicker basket
intriged by the Chris King inset HeadSet
some kinda carbon road affair with a 10K sticker price
is a Moots rigormootis frame really £2550?
homeless bloke playing tunes on a traffic cone at Covent Garden!

JeRkY":1t2k63g2 said:
They did absolutely nothing for me, the chap asked us what we thought and I for one was lost for an answer. I ride with gloves daily switching to neoprene gloves when the weather gets colder & wetter, I didnt see the point of adding a odd looking pair of shields.
Still other people were taking an interest and in all fairness they probably know better than me.

Having had hand/brush guards on a couple of my motorcycles, I can vouch for their effectiveness at keeping hands warm and dry, idea for commuting I would have thought?
I guess we'll have to wait and see if they take off and fly or crash and burn :!:.

JeRkY wrote:

Having had hand/brush guards on a couple of my motorcycles, I can vouch for their effectiveness at keeping hands warm and dry, idea for commuting I would have thought?
I guess we'll have to wait and see if they take off and fly or crash and burn .

They only seemed to work for bikes with a single hand position, so flat barred bikes only (why they can work on motorcycles). On a drop barred bike, they sat on the tops using up what little bar space there is needed for lights/computers/cupholders etc.

Did they come in different "cup sizes"? :D

ti-fat-man":37a93oit said:
spoke with the guy from Royce, he didn't seem to recall Pace...
that's very odd as we had a detailed conversation regarding best chainline using one of his BB' s on one of my frames and he was very familiar with certain oddities of the frame with no prompting.

Back