FS: 1997 GT Power Series 24 - restored *with pics*

raweggs

Dirt Disciple
GT Power Series 24"

It was a dream to have one of these when I was younger, and I recently had the chance to rebuild one. It's such a mint bike that I can't bring myself to ride it, and I can't find room for two bikes so this one has to go. It's been totally built from scratch in the past 4 weeks with no expense spared, and I've only riden it around the block on a dry day, so everything is still like new. The frame has actually been owned and riden by Dale Holmes and Kelvin Batey in its lifetime!

The frame is 100% straight with no dents or scrapes etc, it has recently been totally re-polished!

I've worked in bike shops for a long time now and love building them. So this has been put together correctly and safely to PDi standards, and everything works 100%.

Spec:
- GT 24" Power Series frame, 7005 aluminium (very light), recently repolished
- Brand new genuine limited edition GT decals from the USA (fork ones haven't been put on, but the stickers are included)
- Redline 24" Cro-mo forks (~1995)
- Redline cruiser Cro-mo bars (~1995)
- Brand new GT black mushroom grips
- Brand new old style Avid SD-3 left side lever
- As new Avid SD-5A V-brake and new pads
- Brand new brake cables
- GT piston black stem
- Brand new FSA Orbit XLII headset with GT top cap
- AS NEW Redline casette hubs (recently serviced), Sun X25 rims (very light), all aluminium including spokes
- Brand new inner tubes and old stock gum wall 2.1 tyres
- Brand new Gusset 19mm USA bottom bracket
- Profile Racing 175mm crank in excellent condition
- Brand new Profile flush crank bolts and chainring bolt
- Brand new DMR V8 polished pedals
- Brand new KMC chain
- Brand new aluminium seat clamp and seatpost
- GT Racing (~2003) chain ring in VVGC
- Brand new WTB Rocket-V seat

PRICE: £450 NO OFFERS
Delivery £24.50

Collection is much preferred, but I can pack it safely and securely for delivery, but the bike will be partly dismantled (bars, pedals, wheels).

131020102404.jpg

131020102405.jpg

131020102406.jpg

131020102411.jpg

131020102410.jpg

131020102407.jpg

131020102408.jpg

131020102409.jpg

I remember Kelvin riding one of these BITD, different forks if i remember correctly. I'll send him the link. Good luck with sale mate.
Oh i think Dale still lives round the corner as well? Will ask as well!

Awkward Kid":3npxrw8l said:
I remember Kelvin riding one of these BITD, different forks if i remember correctly. I'll send him the link. Good luck with sale mate.
Oh i think Dale still lives round the corner as well? Will ask as well!

yeh they're not the original forks

thanks

Back