Peugeot Premiere - Any good? better than modern SS OTP bike?

That is a beauty, love the grip tape. Yeah I should ask myself as even 'cheap builds' end up expensive compared.

I'm going for SS though so gonna invest in some nice custom wheels (gonna be a learning curve finding spokes and 2nd ever wheel build), wheels hold their value in the fleet and when liquidised so should be OK, almost found a seat post too. Build thread soon, promise, cheers. :)

There's some cheap Gran Compe hubs knocking round ebay at the minute if that's your bag - I've been comtemplating taking the wheel building plunge myself, but I've got to finish Esther's Cinder Cone first...

My new bike

I got one too today.

Looked through tons of catalogs to find it. I think its an 86 or 87. Anyone know how to read the date from the number?

Here it is... Can anyone tell me about it? Other than that it is adjusted for a midget gorilla? Will get around to that tomorrow... The brake cable goes through the frame, i thought that was pretty cool.

Attachments

• 66201_120750597982487_100001426424325_124392_789495_n[1].jpg
    66201_120750597982487_100001426424325_124392_789495_n[1].jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,751
Hey alenehan1, Nice selection of informative first posts (thats not sarcasm BTW!) Looks like a nice unspoilt bike, welcome along, as you can tell I know very little about mine other than they were cool in the 80's I'm guessing mine is pre 1988 but I dunno, My roadie bikes stopped with my 5 speed secondhand machine in 1987/8 or so.

Ninety, cheers for that I have been eyeing up those hubs for months waiting for the right pay day, but balls to it, I ordered em on monday and they came yesterday direct from on one. I'll be looking for decent rims, scene traditional chromies would be good or maybe aeros but might just go for reliable modern Mavics, It will be buying spokes where I will get out of my depth a tad. cheers again, build thread will come

Shedobits cheers, what type is it, a micro adjust or steel chrome old type with clamp on top? how long is it? latter I expect. I could be interested though I was hoping to find summat at a jumble or something, and got out bid on ebay on a cheap micro adjust, thanks for the offer I'll have a measure and let you know.

Cheers,

I'll try remember to take some current pics tonight and start that build thread!

Great 1988 catalogue, it should be noted the "carbolite" bikes are well down the list. I suspect this was a misleading name invented for the US bike boom market. Should be carboheavy.
Collectable and/or saleable has never meant quality.
One thing the French mass bike builders could do is design them rideable.
Fixed wheel conversion of road bikes I just don't understand. How do you get round corners with a 10.5 inch bottom bracket? It was normal in the 1950's for fixed wheel bikes to have an 11 inch bracket.

Back