Univega Alpina 5.5

Univega's have had a little bit of praise of late thanks partly to John's "underated bikes" thread so I would update this with a decent pic at last.
Thanks to whoever took it at the BDW2 :D

UnivegaBDW2.jpg

ABCD0003-2.jpg

ABCD0004-2.jpg

That would look nice Chris with a smattering of XT being chucked at it.

An old Pro Circuit team mate of mine Paul Hanks got a semi-pro contract riding for Univega in the late 90's.

The frame is definately worth the Xt upgrade Jon but I really like the STX RC groupset, performs flawlessly and look good imho.

It would have had an Lx groupset originally.

As and when bits were out it I might treat it to some Xt ;)

Old thread but

Old thread but, I'm new so only just saw it

Nice Univega!

I've got a 508 which is my daily rider

Hardly ever see them about

Thanks, yes they are few and far between which is a shame as they are great bikes.

Get some pics of yours up for us ;)

A worthy bump up. This bike is ace. Just a smattering of colour to brighten it up.

No nonsense clean build, as always from chris! Very light too.

Hope to have something like this one day.

That is a very nice bike indeed :cool: I have one 5.7 frame which I bought last winter to sort a daily bike. I had it built with the stuff that I had found, XT front and rear mech, m900/217 wheelset, WTB cantis, Manitou 2 and Turbine cranks - handled really sweeeeet! Unfortunately the frame suffered quite a ding on the toptube and I have stripped it in the end... Must search for some pics.

Looks very nice Hydorah, looking forward to some more pics :)

Going for full M737/9 this year, the frame and forks are more than worthy of it and I want to get it sub 22lbs which should be pretty easy just with better wheels.

Back