I had 2 diablo's
It wouldn't been 1 but the first one got stolen in record time
I ordered it from the supplier on a Tuesday
It was delivered and I built it on the Wednesday
And it was stolen Thursday night from my garage
1st one was black
2nd one was red
I snapped the "spectre" pedals, seatpost, stem and more
But once replaced with better parts (custom spec kolo titanium one piece bar and stem combo) it was a fantastic ride! So light!

Saracen - but then having three - one of which I have kept for longer than any other bike I've had - I would say that wouldn't I?

And Raleighs. Many of the models - high- AND mid-range. Especially titanium offerings. Again, I've had quite a few.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":zop6eltj said:
I'd like to second the KHS comment and also give Univega a mention.
Everybody on here that has one or has had one can't say enough about how good the ride is.

+1 for the Univega, best bike I ever rode my old Alpina Pro, if only it was a tad ( :LOL: ) smaller. Desperately looking for another.

How about a thought for the humble Merlin - no. not the USA ones, but the British company. The Malt bikes have always had good reviews in the bike press but have never been considered cool. :cool: :cool:

Univega for me too.

There seems to be very few of them on here unfortunately, maybe they didnt sell too well bitd but mine is such a great ride it just does everything perfectly. Some nice little design toucjhes too like the Max Mudroom chainstays :D

Never ridden a bad Saracen either but then I havent ridden a post 93 one.

Oh...forgot about my Univega! This one was an excellent bike - it has shuffled betwen me and a mate of mine for a few years. At least one winter each as our bad weather s/s as well as geared.

all3.jpg

Univega again.....my wifes univega is nicer to ride than my klein was :shock: it has sat out side under a cover for ten years and gets used a few times a year and all that I have replced is the chain,excellent ride :cool:

Yokota! :cool:

Yosemite, El Capitan, Twin Peaks tandems and the bad ass Teesdale made Half Dome. Very thoughtful and balanced bikes. Yokota was a lot like Kona. If Kona had gotten wrapped up in the failure of World Cycle and Yokota distributed independently, their fortunes as companies could have easily been inverted.

Other makers of selsect quality steel frames are very much eligible for consideration here...brands like, Jamis, KHS, Univega, Parkpre, Balance, Baracuda, etc...all made great models, but Yokotas to me have a little bit more. Of all the "who?" brands from the past, they were the individual's brand.

Latest posts

Back