Most under-rated retro bike

Bonded Dynatechs were much derided BITD, as they were "Raleigh and a bit heavy". Loved the ride on my MT3 though.

So they get my vote.

If its "brand" then yeah probably Cannondale, if its "bike" how about a Carrera Quattro Comp - 531 magnum tubing, full XT inc seatpost and clamp - and sold by Halfords...

Attachments

• carrera.JPG
    carrera.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,120

I'd like to second the KHS comment and also give Univega a mention.
Everybody on here that has one or has had one can't say enough about how good the ride is.

Maybe I'm biased saying this because I own so many, but Parkpre is really underrated. It wasn't too well known BITD, especially in the UK and even less so now. They produced excellent frames from top of the range tubes (Tange Ultimate Ultralight & Superlight) with a fast racing geometry. They were relatively good value in the market compared to their competition too.

For me its raleighs, not the cheapo mass market stuff but their high end kit. Many a good bike was derided just because it was a Raleigh and to this day in some peoples minds they're still rubbish because who made them.

Love my White lightnin', it goes with me to the grave to be ridden in the afterlife :cool:

John":4qy73f9t said:
One example might be Cannondale.

Made from the wrong material ;)

I've always had a soft spot for Jamis. I love the way they ride and you dont see many around anymore waits for wds comments
They are overlooked by most people but, in my opinion, are a great example of a decent manufacturer that will never be highly regarded

I give you my 1988 Jamis Dakota Competition (which didn't recieve a single vote when entered in botm :LOL: )

DSC00940.jpg

Im probably going to get shot down here, but what about Falcon??? i had a Falcon MTB back in the late 80s early 90s and it was awesome rode superb and nothing went wrong or broke and i gave it some right hammer, rode from Halifax upto the lakes several times, it was a dream at the time, loved it to bits just a pity i have no photos of it
Plus i have not seen 1 on here as yet, i dont think anyway.
Gee

Way back when, Mongooses (Mongeese?) had one piece loop stay rear ends a la Yeti, triangular top tubes, IBOC stickers, and some washed up ex BMXer named Tomac rode for them.

1.jpg

3.jpg

And MTB mags were bi-monthly supplements to road mags. :?

I had a mongoose IBOC pro from 89 ,great bike Rode really well,Sold the frame to someone on here a year or so back.

Back