CIMG0089.jpg

foto.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

NukeStaff.jpg

so i think it is cool!
I have another one on it's way :D
@ Tintin,..since when is durability the factor if something is cool or not :LOL:

PS John, i am in contact with some of the original Nuke Proof crew, Johnny Muenzenmeyer (former owner) Jeff Krisel (former Sales manager) and James Bethea (former Nuke Proof team pro rider) so if you of the Journo has some queries, just let me know, maybe i can help out.
can i ask what tyres are on this bike ?? and the forks are awesome .

Tyres on the first bike, are Tioga Psycho's.. The tandem tyres look like schwalbe city jets.. The others, I don't know.

Re: nuke proof

fishbolish":o98tlimk said:
been a lurker here for some time........
The first bike show Nuke proof appeared @ is the Reno bike show (worked in conjunction w/ slingshot,they were nice enough to share the booth with me....right next to the trimble booth!) at that show I met Zap Espinosa (who immediately arranged to have our carbon bar tested on Rod Kirkams off road toad on the next edition of MBA)hung out w/ rod & many other luminaries @ the show
The second Nuke bike show was @ long beach bike show(Rod , peter & pip from syncros & my buddy barry from santana & slingshot all shared a bank of rooms)I shared the booth with slingshot again.. Peter & pip commando'd a both at the show(ballsy,but effective...)

the third bike show was @ the anaheim bike show (sharing the Booth w/ slingshot) is when I met John Munzenmeir who was working w/ slingshot @ the time...He specified interest in the business @ the time and proceeded to purchase nukeproof from us (my Partner was John Mikesell ,who originally came up w/ the nukeproof name & original logo)

Munz had the balls to go up against shimano @ the time producing freehubs....in which many in the industry @ the time were hesitant...

My last royalty check was in the form of a Nuke Ti frame....

Back then it was the wild,wild west in the MTB industry,and anything went.. &
I was so glad to be part of it ......(if even for a brief time) , made many friends in the industry because of it..

Was contacted re: the article recently ,but have yet to hear back from him(spoke to him briefly on the phone)

Cool story; thanks for sharing :cool:

So Close to Being Ultra Cool.

Saw the first few pictures and remembered them badboys when I was younger, these were pretty cool but then some idiot posted that 2 seater Nuke proof bike and all I could see was some cardigan wearing idiot and his lentil chomping offspring on it and unfortunately tis now so uncool it hurts plus their hubs exploded on contact with dirt tis a fact.

Back