Airborne 2000 Lucky Strike DB Rebuild

wadsy":2vsv9k0b said:
Loverly jubbly ;) :cool:

I think I need to try and find more Ti bits for my King kahuna ;) Anyone got a stem, seatpost etc etc :roll: :LOL:

ps, where did you get the ti kit for the xtr V's?

You should have kept that seat post ;)

I bought them off a guy on here that hadn’t used them but I have since found them here : http://www.torontocycles.com/Selling/Titanium.html :D along with a lot of other cool stuff … :cool: I think I may be placing an order soon :LOL:

The BB shell has a small dint in it :

DSC05415.jpg

but luckily it seems to be far enough in from the edge not to be an issue with the external BB. There is some distortion in the threads but only near the very end of the cup. I will run the park tool down it though just to be sure ;-)

A couple of other pictures that I had uploaded to photobucket :

DSC05412.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

DSC05382.jpg

I think they tried to deliver either the USE post or Ti headset spacers yesterday as I have had the note through to say they are holding a parcel for me, but I have to wait until Wednesday to collect it :-(

The Goodridge gear and brake cables (on offer at CRC), USE post shim and replacement post clamp have now been ordered :D

WD :D

Stunning frame and superb selection of components. I like the look of this build very much!

Some spoked Spinergy wheels would look very tidy ;)

EarlofBarnet":hhplcywq said:
Stunning frame and superb selection of components. I like the look of this build very much!

Some spoked Spinergy wheels would look very tidy ;)

Oh yes :cool: :cool: This wheel :

Xyclone%20Race%20Side%20White.jpg

But with black spokes :

colorChoices-Black.jpg

I haven't spent a long time looking but I cant find UK prices though :?

going to be awesome, my own Ti fetish can get out of hand though, so im trying not to look at this thread too much :LOL:

Thanks for the comments :cool:

The Ti spacers turned up but I have missed the CRC delivery - so that's two packages now on hold at the post office :LOL:

I found another pic / item that I have stolen of the ProFlex thread / build :

WD Pro":16vg3nxe said:
USE carbon cage (Ebay) :

DSC05012.jpg

It took a bit of work with the wet n dry to get the letters neat - I was a bit surprised how they were when I first got it :?

I have had the camera out tonight to get pics of the other stuff I have collected (other than the forks) I will upload them in the morning and post at lunch :D

Pics as promised :D

A bit of Ti first to get Saltyman’s attention :LOL: ‘Cheap’ Chinese Ti seat clamp (Very nicely made though and only £13.99 delivered to the UK :shock:) :

DSC05597.jpg

More Chinese Ti (same source as above) :

DSC05594.jpg

I won’t be using them all ! But there will be a good stack of them on the build (50mm’s worth) as the head tube is relatively short and I don’t want to limit future use of the forks :D I went with Ti as the wall section is thin and suits the Ti stem perfectly – It would have looked a bit silly with ‘large’ diameter carbon ones on it :-( I also checked the diameter of the King top caps to make sure they didn’t overlap the edges ;-)

Both the clamp and the spacers got fettled slightly to put a dead even brushed finish on them.

Titec ‘Pork rinds’ :

DSC05572.jpg

These and the tubes / tyres are the only ‘true’ weight weenie components :LOL: and I don’t think any of these will compromise the bike in anyway (for what I will use it for) :D

Frame protection :

DSC05574.jpg

I have used the silicon tubes on the BV build – they are nice quality and look really cool fitted :)

I could also do with some small round helicopter tape patches (about 12mm diameter) in a ‘thick’ (rather than standard vinyl) material – similar to the material that the lizard skin patches are made from. Any ideas / recommendations ? :D

Dura-ace / XTR Chain :

DSC05577.jpg

Note I didn’t pay that price :shock: (less than half of that ;-) :cool:)

I will post the weight sheet up as soon as I have added the USE Ti post to it (collecting from the post office on Friday):D

I have had a pm request for the seat clamp shop - eBay 'virtualvillage-uk-rho' or standard net http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/search? ... G=titanium :D

This is a listing for the clamp (not got free p&p anymore :-() : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Titanium-Seatpost ... 414fbb48f8 : but I suspect that with how long my builds take, it will be out of date soon and then the link wont work :oops: :LOL:

Tip - buy the first item through eBay. Soon after the sale was complete (and feedback left) I got an offer for 20% off if you use their website (thats when I bought the spacers).

Just check the prices first though as I have seen the seat clamps on their website for double money ... :shock: but the spacers were the same cost :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back