rBoTM October 2010 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 1951 claud butler olympic sprint

this bike is beautiful and original.

reynolds 531 frame, bi-laminated lugwork with wrap-over seat stays, exquisitely painted. fiamme sprint rims built on bh airlite track hubs, tied and soldered by the legendary reg harris' mechanic, secured with huret wingnuts. chater lea sprint pedals.

the brooks b17 is as originally specified, but a modern item. the brooks bar tape is lovely, if not contemporary, and the computer and modern bottle cage have since been removed.

cb-olympic-rb1.jpg

cb-olympic-rb5.JPG

I'll offer my 1973 Dave Russell.

Attachments

• RefurbDR.9.A.jpg
    RefurbDR.9.A.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6,447
Citoyen du monde":27yo1k8g said:
The bike is deserving of some extra photos, even better if without the brake levers.

i'd have put more photos if rules permitted.

the brake levers are only there to make riding it on the road possible. i toyed with having no l/h brake, but as i tend to ride on the hoods, it made more sense to leave them.

i like the other bikes submitted too…

Heres my entrant

1991 Craig Calfee Greg Lemond Z Team with exact spec as Gregs 1991 Tour machine with full Campagnolo C record Group, Campagnolo Sigma Rims and Vittoria Corsa Seta CX Tubs bar the incorrect year Time pedals)

More info & pictures see link (you have to be logged in to see pics)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113470

Attachments

• dvc06476_794.jpg
    dvc06476_794.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 5,979
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 5,979
Here is my NOS Chris Chance track bike. It was built in 1984 for the Bicycle Exchange store in Cambridge, MA to celebrate their 50th anniversary. As far as I know it was never ridden. The head badge, anniversary logo and the signature of the store owner are all in sterling silver. The group is a Campagnolo Record Pista with Cinelli bars, stem and unicanitor. The chainrings have been milled out with stars. The bike is in perfect condition. More pictures in my Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31761614@N ... 953424127/

Attachments

• Pista3.jpg
    Pista3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6,326
  • Pista4.jpg
    Pista4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6,326
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back