Singular Swift Army Knife :-)

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Afternoon All,

Thought it about time to take some pics of my new (to me) Singular Swift.

Up until August I had been experimenting .... 29er wheels in 26'' frames, 69ers, road bike wheels in mountain bike frames etc

Really like the idea of the 29'' wheel but fancied a cross bike as well as a fat tyred beast oh and something I could sling slicks on for road work.

So whist not to everyone's taste I present my Swift Arm Knife:

IMGP1816.jpg

IMGP1818.jpg

IMGP1817.jpg

IMGP1824.jpg

Currently running 1x9 with a 36t ring up front and a 11-32 :? cassette out back. Seems to give me a good enough range for what I need.

Have really fallen for the 32mm WTB tyres - cut through everything and are pretty grippy too.

The wheels let the bike down a bit as they are fairly heavy but with 17mm rims they allow for a 25mm tyre to be fitted for road duties and also upto a 2.2 tyre.

Bike has only been up and running a few weeks and apart from the need to change the seat post I think I am nearly there.

Thoughts?

That has a lot of lovely bits, but I'm just not diggin on the front wheel to top of the fork gap.

Pickle":2dqz40zc said:
That has a lot of lovely bits, but I'm just not diggin on the front wheel to top of the fork gap.

Its cavernous isn't it :shock:

That is my only critisism that I have of the design - the look of the fork.

It is too tall and too thin. :(

Looking for a Niner carbon fork in black at that should help the aesthetics ;)

Like this one....

Picture001.jpg

There is a newish black set of Niner forks on STW going for £290 at the mo, still bloody expensive but a bit less than new.

I wouldnt rush off to change the forks though, I fitted exotics to my Swift to save a bit of weight but have ended up putting the steelies back on as they suit the slender frame.

I think the scrawney tyres may be making the gap at the top of the forks look even bigger than normal

Summer2010builds104.jpg

Back